Oct 20, 2010, 12:00 AM
Vanadu
Discussion

REdcat Rampage MT -- Monster Truck

SO I got my first 5th scale gas car/truck. I'm already into planes but with the winter coming and my friend getting one and letting me try it, I just had to get one!

There doesn't seem to be much info here on the groups so I figured I'd start this thread for discussion and whatnot.

SO the canopy came clear so I painted it up and stuck on the stock stickers as well as a sweet pink skull and cross bones which really sets off the yellow and white stripes! oh Yeah! I put on some custom side mirrors and some pin striping on the sides

I'm still breaking in the motor but it's staring to come alive nicely; I'm on my third tank.

*Note to self, I need to get a second larger mah battery!

I've had one problem so far, my next post will be all about it.
Last edited by Heavy Chevy; Oct 20, 2010 at 01:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2010, 01:16 AM
Vanadu
So the problem I had was that it would feel like it would slip into neutral. Here's a video to show what I've done to fix it

redcat MT fix.MPG (2 min 42 sec)
Oct 20, 2010, 06:15 AM
heli addict
Heavy...thanks for starting this thread and showing what you have found with the slipping. I plan on getting one of these and to see some reviews on here will be great. Is there any chance of putting up a vid of it in action? I see several on youtube, but a few more can never hurt.
Oct 20, 2010, 09:45 PM
Vanadu
Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeflyer
Heavy...thanks for starting this thread and showing what you have found with the slipping. I plan on getting one of these and to see some reviews on here will be great. Is there any chance of putting up a vid of it in action? I see several on youtube, but a few more can never hurt.
Yes, I plan to make videos, for sure.

I just bought some of these for parking lights and tail lights:

http://r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail....vp3342002_code

also just bought this second battery for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Oct 21, 2010, 09:26 AM
heli addict
Those lights will look really cool. Can't wait to see them.
Nov 05, 2010, 07:54 PM
Vanadu
Hey all, Just want to let you know that this thread is not dead, I've just been sick and havn't really been out doing any RC.

Hopefully I'll get out this weekend and do some vids.

Two weeks ago, I managed to break the upper front suspension arm. Ordered the part and fixed already, ready to roll.
Nov 06, 2010, 06:28 AM
heli addict
Thanks for the update and I'm glad that you are feeling better. I have an old terra crusher and I'm waiting for tranny gears. There's not to many parts left out there. I put in an XTM .21 and the old transmission didn't like it. It's good to know that parts are available for the rampage. I can't wait to get one of these.

I have been thinking about the king motor clone for the bajaT, but I really like the 4X4 of the rampage. Now that you have had it for a while are you glad that you bought it? What size motor does it have...23cc or 26cc?
Nov 06, 2010, 10:13 AM
Vanadu
It has a 26cc motor. I really like it and am super glad to have it. It is my first so I can't honestly compare it to another 5th scale but it's way more fun than my 1:10 scale electric

Quote:
Thanks for the update and I'm glad that you are feeling better. I have an old terra crusher and I'm waiting for tranny gears. There's not to many parts left out there. I put in an XTM .21 and the old transmission didn't like it. It's good to know that parts are available for the rampage. I can't wait to get one of these.

I have been thinking about the king motor clone for the bajaT, but I really like the 4X4 of the rampage. Now that you have had it for a while are you glad that you bought it? What size motor does it have...23cc or 26cc?
Nov 06, 2010, 04:43 PM
heli addict
Thanks for the info. I don't have any 1:5 scale's either. I have been running my 1:8 scale terra crusher and it is a lot of fun. I am looking forward to the bigger 1:5 scale rampage.

Looking forward to your vids.
Last edited by humveeflyer; Nov 20, 2010 at 05:23 AM.
Nov 20, 2010, 01:08 AM
Vanadu

Some pics

Here are some pics of my LEDs for winter night driving, they work well.

The top light is from the dollar store; of course it cost me $3 bucks. I bolted it on with a nut and bolt.
Nov 20, 2010, 05:26 AM
heli addict
That's pretty cool. Any vids up yet?
Nov 20, 2010, 10:27 AM
Vanadu
Quote:
That's pretty cool. Any vids up yet?
Took some last week at dusk with the LEDs but all you see are LEDs zooming around.

WIll try this weekend

Quick Reply