Oct 19, 2010, 04:12 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Perspective Aerials Heavy Lift Quad Disaster

Hello all & greetings on which is my first post. After seeing a TV story on a multi rotor heli some time ago I began to research where I could get one to compliment my photography business. Its been quite a journey to be finally in the air and now taking pictures and I very much look forward to being able to contribute to this forum.

After deciding to purchase a heavy lift quad from AJ at Perspective Aerials and traveling all the way to NY from Australia to take delivery I can tell you that it was a total disaster and has never flown for more than two minutes before the Hoch4 ESC caught fire. After being promised many times all would be restored
by AJ all I eventually got was silence and Paypal were of no assistance in sorting out the fact that I had paid close to $ 5000.00 USD for the craft which now sits in a box in my garage.

Whilst AJ may have produced some great results with his Canon 5D MK II and established himself as quite a pioneer in the MK world I can only warn others of his very questionable conduct as a supplier of MK platforms.

You can see a video of my quad at my youtube channel OZBIZVIZ
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR-29FbXIII"]

Having not visited there for a while you can judge for yourself by the comments of others who have had dealings with this guy.

Enter Simon Jardine : I contacted Simon for assistance and he was more than helpful & offered to get me in the air. The quad was rebuilt on a Droidworx frame and totally rewired, however due to the multitude of problems and weeks of work it was deemed a total lemon and a new Hexakopter XL was purchased from Simon which fly's like a dream.

Anyway I would like to get the Quad flying as a personal challenge and would appreciate any assistance with others experieces with the Hoch4 ESC which seems to be the main reason for the failure of the craft.

This post was not intended to be a personal attack on AJ, rather a warning to others considering dealing with him. AJ still has an opportunity to make good on this but has declined to respond to any emails or telephone calls.

Cheers

Stuart Carr
BizViz Australia
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2010, 04:55 PM
OS Sponsor
Well ... I'm not asking why you did what you did and why you didn't go there.

You should have come here first ... anyway ... instead of telling you to contact a lawyer

- get some new ESCs to get airborne. There's a MK community here to help you out
- get rid of that plastic skid and look for an alternative to mount the frame on the gears
- get a simple video converter and connect your FPV stuff to a netbook/notebook
- prepare yourself for some highly entertaining DIY
Oct 19, 2010, 06:46 PM
Suspended Account
Man............you got totally shafted........
Oct 19, 2010, 07:36 PM
Holy crap.. royally shafted I would say...
for nearly 5k I can build you a super lift octocopter that actually works properly, and buy spare parts for it too.

How do you go about paying so much for it? Did you research the product? and source suppliers? or someone told you about it?
I mean I can buy that exact unit for $900 bucks here... where is the other 4k going for?
Oct 19, 2010, 08:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadzHovern
Holy crap.. royally shafted I would say...
for nearly 5k I can build you a super lift octocopter that actually works properly, and buy spare parts for it too.

How do you go about paying so much for it? Did you research the product? and source suppliers? or someone told you about it?
I mean I can buy that exact unit for $900 bucks here... where is the other 4k going for?
Where could you get that unit for $900?
Oct 19, 2010, 08:29 PM
It's just the quad unit from MikroKopter with a modified frame.

https://www.mikrocontroller.com/inde...91732159d5c656
Oct 19, 2010, 08:34 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadzHovern
It's just the quad unit from MikroKopter with a modified frame.

https://www.mikrocontroller.com/inde...91732159d5c656
That is not what he bought.
Oct 19, 2010, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizViz
Hello all & greetings on which is my first post. After seeing a TV story on a multi rotor heli some time ago I began to research where I could get one to compliment my photography business. Its been quite a journey to be finally in the air and now taking pictures and I very much look forward to being able to contribute to this forum.

After deciding to purchase a heavy lift quad from AJ at Perspective Aerials and traveling all the way to NY from Australia to take delivery I can tell you that it was a total disaster and has never flown for more than two minutes before the Hoch4 ESC caught fire. After being promised many times all would be restored
by AJ all I eventually got was silence and Paypal were of no assistance in sorting out the fact that I had paid close to $ 5000.00 USD for the craft which now sits in a box in my garage.

Whilst AJ may have produced some great results with his Canon 5D MK II and established himself as quite a pioneer in the MK world I can only warn others of his very questionable conduct as a supplier of MK platforms.

You can see a video of my quad at my youtube channel OZBIZVIZ
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR-29FbXIII"]

Having not visited there for a while you can judge for yourself by the comments of others who have had dealings with this guy.

Enter Simon Jardine : I contacted Simon for assistance and he was more than helpful & offered to get me in the air. The quad was rebuilt on a Droidworx frame and totally rewired, however due to the multitude of problems and weeks of work it was deemed a total lemon and a new Hexakopter XL was purchased from Simon which fly's like a dream.

Anyway I would like to get the Quad flying as a personal challenge and would appreciate any assistance with others experieces with the Hoch4 ESC which seems to be the main reason for the failure of the craft.

This post was not intended to be a personal attack on AJ, rather a warning to others considering dealing with him. AJ still has an opportunity to make good on this but has declined to respond to any emails or telephone calls.

Cheers

Stuart Carr
BizViz Australia

HOLY CRAP!
-
Oct 19, 2010, 11:13 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
Is this AJ guy in the forums?

Maybe someone can send him a nice PM concerning this thread.

BB
Oct 19, 2010, 11:43 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Sorry to hear your pains. I can't comprehend that this level of quality assurance and customer service is possible.

This AJ is going to learn a customer service lesson the hard way. When someone pays you for a product or service, you don't deliver to satisfy the payment. You deliver because you want to be paid again.

The customer is always the best deliverer of advertising...good or bad.

I am now selling Tricopters and I hope no one ever posts a story like this about me.
Oct 20, 2010, 02:40 AM
A pen-pal of mine got screwed over by this Anthony Jacobs of New York as well. Forked over an unspecified amount of money ("thousands"), waited "several weeks for a reply", and finally was delivered an "obviously crashed and repaired aircraft".

Exercise caution when dealing with this individual.

His rcg nickname is MorenoEnNYC1.
Oct 21, 2010, 11:13 AM
Tinkering again!
and here's my reply...

Sorry you feel this way...Jeez you can't please everyone all the time! I won't waste my time defending.

As I said your rants are having absolutely no effect on me...I'm not in the business of selling platforms

The craft you and everyone else received is the same craft that I am having great success in flying as well as many folks around the forums who followed the heavy lift Mikrokopter formula. The few folks I sold to were told that I provide minimal customer support...not setup for this because it's not what I do. In fact at that time I never advertised selling platforms at all at my site, there has never been an online shop at my site, there's no parts description on my site nada... you and the others saw what I had and contacted me because you wanted what I had and you were desperate for what I had and asked if I could build even after I told you I'm not in the business of building and selling but reluctantly I did and you know this fact. Like yourself the others had ZERO RC flight experience...so the likely scenario is they'll crash the craft after the first flight or because of their inexperience they'll handle the craft in an way that could possibly cause some form of mechanical issue leading them to blame it all on a faulty build. One guy didn't know how to mount the propellers on the prop adapter for god sake...I have no time for this ridiculousness. You flew all the way from Australia to NYC, we test flew the craft, all was fine, you gave me the remainder of the cost and went on your way...if you were unhappy why would you have paid the balance? That's pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

As I said in other forums..I'm done here and good luck to you!
Last edited by MorenoEnNYC1; Oct 21, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Oct 21, 2010, 06:45 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorenoEnNYC1
and here's my reply...

Sorry you feel this way...Jeez you can't please everyone all the time! I won't waste my time defending.

As I said your rants are having absolutely no effect on me...I'm not in the business of selling platforms

The craft you and everyone else received is the same craft that I am having great success in flying as well as many folks around the forums who followed the heavy lift Mikrokopter formula. The few folks I sold to were told that I provide minimal customer support...not setup for this because it's not what I do. In fact at that time I never advertised selling platforms at all at my site, there has never been an online shop at my site, there's no parts description on my site nada... you and the others saw what I had and contacted me because you wanted what I had and you were desperate for what I had and asked if I could build even after I told you I'm not in the business of building and selling but reluctantly I did and you know this fact. Like yourself the others had ZERO RC flight experience...so the likely scenario is they'll crash the craft after the first flight or because of their inexperience they'll handle the craft in an way that could possibly cause some form of mechanical issue leading them to blame it all on a faulty build. One guy didn't know how to mount the propellers on the prop adapter for god sake...I have no time for this ridiculousness. You flew all the way from Australia to NYC, we test flew the craft, all was fine, you gave me the remainder of the cost and went on your way...if you were unhappy why would you have paid the balance? That's pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

As I said in other forums..I'm done here and good luck to you!
i just have one question... $5000?????????????????????????? FOR WHAT? helicopter landing skids are $10 frame is $30 in parts, wires $30 board/etc $1000 was that including the airfare as well? :S did you do research or jump on this?
Oct 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
i just have one question... $5000?????????????????????????? FOR WHAT? helicopter landing skids are $10 frame is $30 in parts, wires $30 board/etc $1000 was that including the airfare as well? :S did you do research or jump on this?
A full set of MK boards is $1,000+ alone. Plus nice motors and 1hoch4s $500 or so, maybe $7-800 if the got the AXI's. Plus TX/RX. Gimbal, servos, custom frame, lipos and so on.

And MOST importantly. A lot of someones time to build, configure, test and research. I probably have 100 hours in build and test of my quad (which is a very close replica to the one mentioned here, but UAVX). 100 hours of my time would be a nice $6,000 alone. Sure the frame may be $50 in parts. But it assembling it from scratch takes a few hours. Now it is a few hundred dollar frame. My quad is about $1,000 in parts + my time if I were to bill for at my regular rate and all of a sudden it is a $7,000 quad. Luckily I don't charge myself for that time..... maybe I can write if off though... hmmm.

$5,000 is a pretty reasonable price for a RTF heavy lift quad with gimbal. I'm not making any opinion on the argument here, just the cost. Seems fine to me.

Have you seen the regular MK RTFs at Quadrocopter.us? $3,499-$9,699 and they are not heavy lifters with actual professionally delivered work behind them.

http://shop.quadrocopter.us/Ready-to...opter_c_1.html

I mentioned this in a post in the UAVX thread too, but geez. $5,000 is about 2 hours of rental a-star time. Or any full size turbine heli really. So in that respect, getting nearly unlimited aerial flights for that cost is a smoking deal.
Last edited by rallymatt; Oct 21, 2010 at 06:58 PM.
Oct 21, 2010, 06:55 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymatt
A full set of MK boards is $1,000+ alone. Plus nice motors and 1hoch4s. Plus TX/RX. Gimbal, servos, custom frame, lipos and so on.

And MOST importantly. A lot of someones time to build, configure, test and research. I probably have 100 hours in build and test of my quad (which is a very close replica to the one mentioned here, but UAVX). 100 hours of my time would be a nice $6,000 alone.

$5,000 is a pretty reasonable price for a RTF heavy lift quad with gimbal. I'm not making any opinion on the argument here, just the cost. Seems fine to me.

Have you seen the regular MK RTFs at Quadrocopter.us? $3,499-$9,699 and they are not heavy lifters with actual professionally delivered work behind them.

http://shop.quadrocopter.us/Ready-to...opter_c_1.html

nah sorry still not buying its worth $5000 in time, more important people do more important jobs with a less payout then that. from my calculations he charged $2000 to build it, thats ridiculous! BESDIES did you see the video? it looked like a 10 year old built that thing. HOWEVER if i flew in and saw that i wouldnt have bought it... but maybe he felt like a wasted trip. i dunno screwed up either way

Quick Reply