Old Mar 01, 2011, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by Air Head

"couldn`t get them cycled enough times for break-in"

Hey Knife

Would you mind explaining your break in procedure for the batteries?
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2011, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by rfodor
Just visited JHH web site. Turbax rotors are now $50.00 plus $8.00 shipping. I guess demand is up and supply is down. Makes me think about buying 11 Dynamax blades for $88 and cutting them down to fit the 4.5 shroud. Anyone tried this yet? I wonder if it would sound more like a turbine?
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by ca_fingers
Been there , Crashed that
you might try tamjets website, i thing i saw something on the about a 120mm and a 110mm with the dynamax rotor . might give a bit of an idea performance wise.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:20 PM
tag
Find More Posts by tag
tag
Trevor
The blades on a dynamax are removeable so you would need the hub as well.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:24 PM
I have a whole fan, just needs new blades.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 11:09 PM
ok i found some video of tams with a dynamax rotor in a tj120 . performance numbers are close to the 4.5 with turbax rotor. when comparing these two fans the bang for the buck factor is way up on the haoye/turbax.
Tamjets TJ120 BVM Electra video.wmv (6 min 46 sec)
Last edited by ca_fingers; Mar 02, 2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old Mar 02, 2011, 05:34 AM
Find More Posts by Samjet
Finally all the parts arrived. So now it's assembly time
Old Mar 02, 2011, 06:53 AM
I like the sound of the TJ120 a lot more. As far as bang for the buck I agree abouth the Haoye/Turbax unless you already have a hub and only need the rotor blades ($60 (with the spinner) Vs. $88 for 11 blades). The Dynamax in the 4.5 will be around 114 MM not 120 like in the TJ, I wonder what impact the smaller size will have on thrust. Maybe I'll just try cutting down the blades I have (they have significant FOD wear and tear) and see what happens. I wonder how many stators the TJ120 has and what effect less stators in the 4.5 will have also.

I guess that is why we experiment...... I'll have to find a safe place to stand in my basement workshop.

Ron
Old Mar 02, 2011, 02:56 PM
still waiting on my fan to arrive, can some on verify the outer diameter of the shroud that the ducting fits over on the 4.5 ". i went by hobby city's diameter of 122mm for the shroud but would like a real world measurement . i made the fan end of the ducts with a slight taper so it can be trimmed for a snug fit . wanna get the ducts in so i can plank the fuse. thanks
Old Mar 02, 2011, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by Samjet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_fingers View Post
still waiting on my fan to arrive, can some on verify the outer diameter of the shroud that the ducting fits over on the 4.5 ". i went by hobby city's diameter of 122mm for the shroud but would like a real world measurement . i made the fan end of the ducts with a slight taper so it can be trimmed for a snug fit . wanna get the ducts in so i can plank the fuse. thanks
I just messured mine it IS 122 mm
Old Mar 02, 2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samjet View Post
I just messured mine it IS 122 mm
Very awesome. thanks so much
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
dont bother using the stock turbax spinner.....it will vibrate like crazy. your better off without it at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samjet View Post
Finally all the parts arrived. So now it's assembly time
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:27 AM
is jhh the only source for the turbax rotor? quite the price jump on the rotor in the past little while
Old Mar 03, 2011, 01:19 AM
Find More Posts by erh7771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_fingers View Post
is jhh the only source for the turbax rotor? quite the price jump on the rotor in the past little while
Yeap, supply and demand...at that price I don't think I demand turbax rotors all that much
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:00 AM
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
when you consider you spend over 100 bucks for a dynamax rotor...that doesnt sound too bad. sure its not hoaye price range....but its not a inefficient amp hog either...and it comes dynamically balanced. by comparison, youll spend 35-40 bucks for a balanced 90mm rotor...