Oct 16, 2010, 09:24 AM
You can't handle the truth!
Thread OP
Question

interactive toy concepts r/c ski-doo snowmobile

I couldn't find any other place to ask this, but has anyone put a brushless sytem in one of these snowmobiles? If so, what esc, motor, battery combo would work the best? And relatively cheap? I have a traxxas stampede 2wd I can scavenge for parts, but it is a brushed setup.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2010, 09:55 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
If you don't find an answer here you can always message these guys.
new bright RC snowmobile brushless (6 min 38 sec)

rc snowmobile new bright brushless (9 min 54 sec)

Brushless Art Attack RC snowmobile (1 min 41 sec)
Mar 22, 2011, 05:28 PM
I put nitro in that same model!! Check it out! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1411010
Mar 24, 2011, 03:30 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
i am pondering doing the same thing

anyone have any suggestions for BL motor, ESC, ect?
Mar 25, 2011, 10:44 AM
Platinum Ball3r
The only one that would work would be the vxl because it is a water proof esc but any motor would work.
Mar 25, 2011, 11:35 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thanks

Whom makes that ESC?
Are there cheap alternatives ?
Mar 30, 2011, 08:58 PM

Esc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Thanks

Whom makes that ESC?
Are there cheap alternatives ?
Traxxas makes it. And I do not know about the cheap alternatives. I would just spend the money so you don't have to get another one!!
Mar 31, 2011, 02:37 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thanks

I am not sure it's worth it; it's a friends on mines sons toy whom he wantse to mod.
BUT

For the price of needed equipment it's not really worth it for him.
Might as well get something else.
Still

I'll see what I can find.
Mar 31, 2011, 07:05 AM
Good idea. Thats probably what I would do too. This hobby really is expensive!!!!
Last edited by Alex Schauer; Apr 01, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
Mar 31, 2011, 10:46 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
yes - i am into planes and heli's but cars/trucks seem more expensive for components

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Good idea. Thats probably what would do too. This hobby really is expensive!!!!
Apr 01, 2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah I think the Car and Truck parts need to be way more durable because they are going off jumps and stuff, you know? It's not like a plane or a heli is going to do jumps or hit anything way up there in the sky except maybe a bird! Or a tree when you crash-land. But then thats usually minor and an easy fix.
Apr 01, 2011, 10:36 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
True
Plus cooling
Apr 01, 2011, 11:03 AM
Thats rIght you need to cool the engine!!
Mar 08, 2014, 12:46 AM
Yes i am currentpy attempting to but is has nOt been easy. I am working on the polaris fersion. There is absolutely no room at all for anything but stock. While i was attempting i burned up my pad (i tried running 2 9 volt batterys and the stock system at once). What i am going to do is put in a tacon 10.5 motor along with an esc that runs 320 amps. Im also installing a sky lipo 3300 mah battery. I have to install a new controller along side. Overall the last 3 things only cost me 70 bucks and the motor running at $30-40. Also what i am going to have to do is find a skidoo track and a drive roller(i cant remember wat it is relly called) once i get this roller i will put metal slits in the center to cash the track. Hope this helps. Email me at [email protected]

Quick Reply