Oct 23, 2010, 09:22 PM
"Complete Main Landing Gear Set" = 2 wheels ONLY!....Not even the retainer hubs...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2010, 11:45 PM
A couple coats of Testors Model Master #1960 flat spray will make the decals look like they are painted on. Don't be afraid to apply wet coats it will not attack either the paint or foam. If you are thinking of doing a different scale paint job take a look at callie graphics.com She has two neat markings sets for the Albatros and will make any other markings you want.
Oct 25, 2010, 11:26 AM
I had sent in pictures of markings from Callie, had them in my hands in about a week. Just be careful how you place them, they really stick. I place them on a gloss paint, then once they are on I place a clear gloss over the decals, let dry and then apply a clear flat, seems to work well
Oct 28, 2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
A couple coats of Testors Model Master #1960 flat spray will make the decals look like they are painted on. Don't be afraid to apply wet coats it will not attack either the paint or foam. If you are thinking of doing a different scale paint job take a look at callie graphics.com She has two neat markings sets for the Albatros and will make any other markings you want.
I ordered both sets... I hope I have a steady enough hand to get them on!..
I'll take pics of what I get sent to me.
Oct 29, 2010, 09:55 PM
Dave Johnson, I want to build a copy of your TOP GUN Albatros.Could you please post some photos of it,particularly a good shot of the crescent on the fuselage side. Thanks,Baldy
Nov 01, 2010, 12:49 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Here's a New, more detailed version of the Under wing Lozenge that should make a good decal for the lower wing. The rib scallops/spacing are correct for a DVa, but they don't fit the model as close as the previous one that was based on a much less detailed 3-view.

I still need to cut them out and see how they fit the wing.

I also have upper wing masks done and have a top surface 5 color lozenge pattern.

I wave to work on this file. The two wings were different scales and the B/P outline tips are much different from the models.
Last edited by UNGN; Nov 01, 2010 at 08:05 PM.
Nov 01, 2010, 01:36 PM
-=BS=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
Since my Albatros has a Sukhoi motor....
Did you use the FZ grearbox with this motor?
Does the plane sound different without the stock motor?

I have a motor from the old PZ Cessna or a vapor that I can use.
What do you think?
Nov 01, 2010, 04:22 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Blaze from what I understand it’s the ESC not the gearbox making that noise. I know its hard to believe. We will soon find out because I plan on changing out the FZ with a PZ so I can use my radio. As for your motor choice, I would get a second and maybe a third opinion. I really think personally that both of those motors will be to small? Just my two cents worth. Jim
Nov 01, 2010, 05:14 PM
Thought I would post these here

Name: Second shot.jpg
Views: 507
Size: 75.2 KB
Description:
Nov 01, 2010, 05:27 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Nice Eli, what paint did you use? Did you air brush it? It really looks good. Are those dragons from Callie graphics? I have one coming, still can't decide what color scheme to use?? Questions, I'm always full of questions. Jim
Nov 01, 2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar
Did you use the FlyzoneZ grearbox with this motor?

No, he used the 8.4mm Sukhoi/Champ motor. The Alby uses a 7mm motor. The gearboxes are not the same size

The gearbox provides the noise and is amplified by the fuselage. LOVE the noise, at low throttle it sounds like a WW1 plane

What do you think?
No, that is a 6mm motor, it won't fit the gearbox OR be powerful enough
All of these questions are also answered on the other Alby threads
Nov 01, 2010, 06:48 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar
Did you use the FZ grearbox with this motor?

What do you think?
My Albatros had a Sukhoi motor/gearbox, but I switched back to stock Motor/gearbox. I still need to fly this new old Combo. I mover the brick back to balance the heavier motor, so I might be able to run a heavier battery like a 180... or it might be more aerobatic with a light battery, but the wind needs to die down to test it.

It was a little quieter with the Sukhoi gearbox, but not much. The Prop noise was louder.

Cessna/Vapor motors won't work. They won't fit in the gearbox and if they did, they wouldn't have enough power.

The Cub motor/Gearbox would make for a nice lightweight combo for an indoor flier with an old Vapor Brick. This would weigh about 2g less than stock.
Nov 01, 2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypilot
Nice Eli, what paint did you use? Did you air brush it? It really looks good. Are those dragons from Callie graphics? I have one coming, still can't decide what color scheme to use?? Questions, I'm always full of questions. Jim
Patty Pilot,

Thank you, still not finished but to answer your questions, the decals came from Callie. I did a search, sent them a few pictures and in about 2 weeks I had them at my door. I did use an air brush and Tamiya paints. I have used them for a long time so it is easy for me to mix properly and they cover very well here is my first try
Name: First attempt.jpg
Views: 432
Size: 77.9 KB
Description:
Nov 01, 2010, 07:44 PM
-=BS=-
Thanks UnGN
the whole thing is on hold until I see what happens with the LG struts anyway...
Nov 01, 2010, 07:50 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Well that one’s not shabby either. I’m going to try my hand at it. You guys are really turning out some great looking ships. I’m interested in this Lozenge pattern printing that UNGN has been talking about. So many models So little time. Jim

Quick Reply