Freewing 90mm F/A-18E Super Hornet build log, tips, tweaks, troubleshooting - Page 58 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 13, 2011, 09:00 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd0
Just about finished with a kit model and I my
lights don't work. All the light wires are fed to
their control block but there is no wire that
connects to receiver. Where does the power
come from??????
There is a small 2-wire connector coming out of the stock ESC that provides power for the lights.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2011, 11:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
There is a small 2-wire connector coming out of the stock ESC that provides power for the lights.
Thanks. So they should be receiver voltage, 5, 5-5v.
Guess I have to make a special cable that I can
connect from receiver to the light block.
Oct 13, 2011, 01:32 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
Found some smaller main wheels that will create a bigger Aoa. Im pulling around 1500 watt's, what thrust will it put out stock? Lee
Oct 13, 2011, 11:36 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar

2nd flt


Flew my second flight today. I have only 1, 6 cell/3000 mh right now, so I limited my flt to 3 minites. T/o roll was only about 150 ft, so a improvement there. Notice it's Very stable,but not as manuverable as the f-35. Next flt I will check out the vertical climb. Is this jet 1/1 on thrust??
Oct 14, 2011, 05:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd0
Thanks. So they should be receiver voltage, 5, 5-5v.
Guess I have to make a special cable that I can
connect from receiver to the light block.
I have several planes with lights & I use a seperate 240mah 2s lipo using JST plugs on most of them including my F/A-18 since I have a CC 100a ESC.
Oct 14, 2011, 07:23 AM
Mister Fear
I really hate Spektrum receivers.

Anybody here know if my retracts, speed control, motor & fan from this wreckage will work in a CMP Pro T45?
Oct 14, 2011, 08:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut
I have several planes with lights & I use a seperate 240mah 2s lipo using JST plugs on most of them including my F/A-18 since I have a CC 100a ESC.
I'm using a 9 channel orange receiver from HK and
will just get power from a free channel.
Oct 14, 2011, 09:06 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
@Capt. Soap - Congrats on the 2nd flight. No, the F/A-18E does not have 1:1 thrust on the stock setup. It's plenty fast on the stock config, but it doesn't have "straight-up-forever" power. Feel free to search this thread... many questions such as these have already been answered.

@Mr. Pheer - Sorry about the crash! Was it a lockout?
Oct 14, 2011, 10:10 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pheer
I really hate Spektrum receivers.
Which one were you using? I was going to go with Spektrum gear.
Oct 14, 2011, 01:49 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
Mike, thanks for NOT beating me up to bad over the threads. I do read some,but im reading thru about 18-20 threads already. To read every post on all these threads, Id be at my computer 4+ hrs a day....
Oct 14, 2011, 01:51 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
Mr Pheer, that crash is very repairable. Hope you dont throw it away. Lee
Oct 14, 2011, 02:46 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap
Mike, thanks for NOT beating me up to bad over the threads. I do read some,but im reading thru about 18-20 threads already. To read every post on all these threads, Id be at my computer 4+ hrs a day....
Oh heck no, no beating up intended. Just trying to help is all. And trust me... millions of threads and not enough time!
Oct 14, 2011, 06:50 PM
Mister Fear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
@Mr. Pheer - Sorry about the crash! Was it a lockout?
Yes, total lockout. I had no response from the plane at all for the 2 seconds before it hit the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
Which one were you using? I was going to go with Spektrum gear.
JR 12X transmitter, AR7000 reciever with satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap
Mr Pheer, that crash is very repairable. Hope you dont throw it away. Lee
I kept some, threw some away. It was a nice plane but I dont want to work with a foam aircraft again. I got a great deal on an all-fiberglass 90mm T-45 that I would like to transfer some of the components to if they will work with it.
Oct 14, 2011, 07:04 PM
Registered User
fredmdbud's Avatar
The CMP T-45?
Oct 14, 2011, 07:38 PM
Registered User
Have mine all ready to maiden except for CG.
Where are you guys happy with CG???


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log CRASHED Hobby Lobby F-35 Lightning II re-build. (YES, it's possible) denial15 Foamy EDFs 53 Dec 04, 2015 05:02 PM
Article Hobby Lobby eRC 90mm F/A 18E Super Hornet EDF Bajora Foamy EDFs 92 Jul 13, 2015 02:57 AM
Article Hobby Lobby F/A-18 Hornet ARF Review dawnron1 Foamy EDFs 2087 Jan 07, 2011 12:54 PM
Discussion My Hobby Lobby F-18 Hornet anyairrc Foamy EDFs 3 Feb 07, 2008 11:24 PM
For Sale Hobby Lobby F/A 18 Hornet Lipo & Electronics itspat Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Jan 08, 2008 02:33 PM