This thread is privately moderated by rick.benjamin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 11, 2010, 06:18 AM
Reduce the drama...
Thread OP
Discussion

Those who can afford it

In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac, Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn) proposed that borrowers be required to make a minimum 5% down payment in order to qualify.
His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn) explained, "passage of such a requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it."
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2010, 10:21 AM
Fly it or Fix it
With that kind of logic I'm glad I didn't vote for him. When will the two parties stop taking care of themselves and focus on the country and us?

Quick Reply