Long range FPV flights are boring! - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by trappy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 10, 2010, 07:53 PM
Suspended Account
Discussion

Long range FPV flights are boring!

... or are they? My personal long range record, 18.6km

Long range is boring! (3 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2010, 10:20 PM

Long range flight.

I,m impressed, are you using the grid antenae? I have a tech question; I gave up on the old lawmate and got a new one, but I have a strange glitch with picture, it goes redish 200 feet out, picture seems solid out at 1 mile but I,m still new at this; do you think its the camera? I'm using 5 volt on tx, camera is 9-12 volt powered on it on. It's a CCD it it really makes that much difference. It literally looks red below the horizon like your wearing Elton Johns rose colored glasses.
Oct 11, 2010, 12:46 AM
Say watt?!
Austria? Beautiful scenery, man. Awesome job, looks surreal, how far you flew.
Oct 11, 2010, 02:59 AM
The sky is my playground.
WOW!! I like the idea of "refueling."
Oct 11, 2010, 07:15 AM
Suspended Account
Fusionman, it's probably the camera. I'm using a 19dbi yagi for this flight. see my previous video there's a photo of it at the start.
killioughtta: yep, Austria.
Oct 13, 2010, 06:53 PM
If in doubt, add accelerant
You have some truly stunning scenery there!
Oct 17, 2010, 07:35 PM
Yep, it was the camera...picture looks great with the video out from my AIPTEK HD. Thanks
Oct 21, 2010, 06:03 PM
At 1:56, there is a very sizeable disturbance on the lake below you. Any idea what happened?
Oct 21, 2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle7119
At 1:56, there is a very sizeable disturbance on the lake below you. Any idea what happened?
. . . or is that just how the sun is catching the surface of the water? I really does look like it could be a large splash.
Oct 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
Suspended Account
sun reflection paired with wind tiny waves from the wind looks like that usually. no loch ness at least
Oct 24, 2010, 09:58 PM
I would really love to discuss in person the FPV system u mentione but i think your in germany right?? Im in NY.. Any way we can comunicate via cell with out breakinghte bank??
Dec 25, 2010, 11:37 PM
Spud Pilot
Contrary to the title, this video is anything but boring. Job well done!
Feb 20, 2011, 10:30 AM
Hey Trappy,

What is it about your setup that allows you to easily fly more than 5km (and up to 40km) when everyone else is losing signal at 1k. Is it the TX for video on the plane? The ground station? The frequencies?

TR
Jun 02, 2011, 10:08 PM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareone
Hey Trappy,

What is it about your setup that allows you to easily fly more than 5km (and up to 40km) when everyone else is losing signal at 1k. Is it the TX for video on the plane? The ground station? The frequencies?

TR
trappy has been inactive on rcg since 7th dec. as the fights that broke out about the nyc vid caused him to auqirer too many points on this forum. . . .but team black sheep have a website which is kept very up to date and has ALOT of info on how to replicate their success.

short answer antenna tuning and higher gain directional antenna.

http://www.team-blacksheep.com/articles/category:13