Jul 08, 2003, 02:38 PM
Thread OP

LEG ME 109 - Maiden Flight

I bought an ME 109 from leading edge gliders and finished building it before the weekend of the 4th. I took it up to Francis Peak and tossed it into the lift (maiden flight, also my maiden post). WOW! It ripped! I never had a foamie that went so fast or penetrated so well. I flew for about 30 minutes and started to wonder how I was going to land it. I didn't have to worry about that because I ended up crashing it pretty hard into the side of the hill. The whole plane was covered in dark green solartex and I thought it was right side up when it was actually right side down. I ended up damaging the wing, but I think it will go back together. It's a sweet plane and can't wait to get it up again although next time I am going to be sure and paint the bottom.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2003, 02:42 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Nice! Glad to hear that it flew so well for you. I can totally relate about the monocolor orientation problem...I've currently got three monocolor planes and I'm coming to the realization that they're just not so great. Hope you get it patched back together without too much trouble and enjoy!

Quick Reply