Oct 08, 2010, 09:14 AM
cat herder
Thread OP
Discussion

Bugaboo Plans

Anyone know where you can get a 3-view or set of plans for a bugaboo? Should I look in the free flight forum?

Thanks,
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2010, 10:51 AM
Vertically Challenged...
You can get it from here if you want.

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/produc...ag202--bucaboo

They have spelt the name wrong but it's the one. It was a free plan in Aeromodeller.

Bert
Oct 08, 2010, 11:56 AM
cat herder
Thread OP
Thanks for the link. I hate paying $20 for a plan though. Maybe I'll freehand the fuselage and the rest should be easy.
Oct 08, 2010, 01:06 PM
It was in the April 1994 edition of Aeromodeller. Perhaps if anyone has a copy they could scan it.
Oct 08, 2010, 01:45 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
I wondered what the Bugaboo looked like so did a search and came up with an interesting site on 'flikr'.

The is a whole load of vintage model pictures on the first page, if you hover your cursor over a thumbnail picture it sometimes comes up with the name, there are a few pictures of the Bugaboo, (various Mk's), click on the thumbnail to show it bigger.

The next very interesting thing came when I looked at page 2, (there's a link just below the pictures), there is a whole load of pictures of plans there.

Certainly well worth a look.

Edit, nearly forgot the link - Model Airplanes and Dutch Vintage Plans
Oct 08, 2010, 01:55 PM
cat herder
Thread OP
I saw that site when I googled too. Lots of nice pics and plans there.
Oct 08, 2010, 02:36 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycashley View Post
I saw that site when I googled too. Lots of nice pics and plans there.
Joost J Bakker I think is the Bugaboos designer

I have copy somewhere.... its not much of a plan the fus has no top view..but I guess it should still be easy enough to build with out it
Oct 08, 2010, 03:54 PM
I have the plan in my files and can have it copied for mailing, if you wish.

Have always wondered why it has been so popular .... ugly !
Oct 08, 2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney View Post

Agree. Ugly, yes, but it flies well and has 'something' about it, but I don't know what?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
Oct 08, 2010, 04:25 PM
I can send you a Bugaboo scan if you pm me your email.
I have an enlarged one, about 50" span.
It's flown with an ED Comp Special, ED Penny Slot, ED Hunter Series 2, Indian Mills 3.46 RC and now it has an ED Hunter Green Head with ED carb.
I like variety!.
As RC Elevator/ruddder it flies well, no Dutch roll and loops and rudder rolls well.

Ugly? maybe, but fun.
Oct 09, 2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
The next very interesting thing came when I looked at page 2, (there's a link just below the pictures), there is a whole load of pictures of plans there.

Certainly well worth a look.
It's really nice to see Joost Bakker has put some of those old plans online. Most of them have been issued by the Technical Commission of the KNVvL (Dutch AMA) and haven't been available for decades (sadly, the KNVvL has no plans archive ).

FYI: Joost Bakker has long been a driving force behind the (long gone) Dutch Sam Chapter 401. To my knowledge he gave up modeling long ago.

~ Leo
Oct 09, 2010, 10:00 AM
cat herder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren B View Post
I can send you a Bugaboo scan if you pm me your email.
I have an enlarged one, about 50" span.
It's flown with an ED Comp Special, ED Penny Slot, ED Hunter Series 2, Indian Mills 3.46 RC and now it has an ED Hunter Green Head with ED carb.
I like variety!.
As RC Elevator/ruddder it flies well, no Dutch roll and loops and rudder rolls well.

Ugly? maybe, but fun.

Warren:

Thanks so much for the help. I sent you a pm
Oct 09, 2010, 12:39 PM
cat herder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney View Post

Thanks for the offer but let's see if the scan from Warren works out. That would be a lessor imposition on everyone.

Thanks again,
Oct 09, 2010, 11:02 PM
Hey Warren,

Got a couple of quick questions about the plan: What is the width of the fuse supposed to be? I see where F1, 2 & 3 go, but what about the rest. Also, what is the wing span? I want to make sure that I scale it properly when I print it out.

Thanks,

Chuck
Oct 10, 2010, 12:41 AM
Hi Chuck,
The measurement to the plan border line is 34 1/4" on both plans.
The span is actually dead on 1050 mm (Joost is a Dutchman so metric is not suprising) works out to 41 3/8".
The fuselage is built by fitting the 3 formers, then just pull the rear end together and cut the remaining cross pieces to fit.

Quick Reply