Oct 07, 2010, 08:26 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP
Build Log

"INVADER" a Mid-size jet...HD maiden video added!

MID-JET BUILD SERIES!

....I just flew an electrifly EVADER it's an awesome bird with the right set-up and the right pilots that do a "GOOD DECENT" reviews this bird will sell like hotcakes. I will buy one later.

So the next best thing to do is BUILD A PUSHER VERSION and call it the "INVADER" Here we go:

6mm DEPRON.
26" Wingspan
Grayson V3 motor with 20 amp esc combo
apc 6x4 prop
1800mah 3s [email protected] 30c
3x 9gram hxt servos.

INVADER MAIDEN FLIGHT! (2 min 7 sec)

INVADER FINAL! ...high speed, vert climb, and inverted flight testing. (3 min 29 sec)
!

Let's make it simple "BOX FUSE" construction. I don't have a plan so I will adjust as I build it. Feel free to jump in with your suggestions.

Heres what I got so far.
Last edited by Kronikpilot; Oct 11, 2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: CHANGE ELECTONICS SPECS! added video
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2010, 08:30 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
should have some kick ...

hmm looks like it woudl be a good edf option as well .
Nice ...
Oct 07, 2010, 08:36 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP
Thank's Scott I was thinking making it EDF but on a micro version using 2mm depron....
we'll see how it goes, and then I will build it on a EDF version......My foam is not here yet I feel sorry for this EVADER shes being built with SCRAP DEPRON.

mayday.
Oct 07, 2010, 09:58 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
hey , look at it this way she is slightly more environementaly friendly . LOL
LOL

in teh end you will fly teh snot out of it ..

I want to do a EDF early next year , something in teh 40 - 50 MM range .
this could be a nice plane to do it with .
has good lines , and i can compare CG from what you figure out. LOL
Oct 08, 2010, 12:14 AM
ExPat
Very nice Mayday, looking forward to your build. BTW, I love the way you and Prime have developed the "funjet" project between you.

Regards
Andy

Oh, Prime, please hurry up with that small EDF build you want to do, the waiting is killing me. lol
Oct 08, 2010, 12:30 AM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
i owudl do it next week , but fundage is low , very low and i may have to move soon as old LL are selling and new LL may not want tennants . LOL
so the guts i have comming have to be re used as best i can .

but... should some -in the know - fammily member give me some cash or gift card ... i'm so getting a ~55mm edf and out runner for it , something that will work with my 30A esc. LOL

any how , i know teh pusher prop version Mayday's doing will rock , as boxed fuse 's seem to get thier own lift off of fuse. i prefer full & full rounded fuse where possible , but it's looking like boxed is not only faster but pays it's own way in teh lift dept .

but i woudl liek a nice scale looking edf , made of readi board & heat shrunk soda bottels for duct paths .
Oct 08, 2010, 12:39 AM
ExPat
Hey Scott

Hope you don't get evicted..lol
55mm EDF that's about mid size, right. So what kind of wing span would you do with that size motor?
Also, Mayday says he might try a micro Evader EDF, what size unit would you use for that, as 30mm seems to be the smallest, unless you go to Airhogs stuff.

All the best
Andy
Oct 08, 2010, 12:53 AM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
i would have to dig into some edf examples. but just on a hunch im thinking 32 - 44 inch wing .
one day i want a scale f4-e , with twin edf ~30 -40mm range , and a piezo speaker glued to fuse so i can make it make realistic sounds on gorund.

but my skills have to go up a bit before i tacle one of them . i hear they are not naturaly stable air craft , and could need a gyro for a all thumbs guys like me .

::

Mayday , i see you are shaving grams off all over.
- hav eyou ever done a built up wing out of foam , or a under camber wing?
for some reason i see this jet making use of a foam sandwich of real foil , using foam ribs in a foamy wing ?
but that's just me.

:: oh the dangerous planes i would make if i had a lazer CNC . LOL
Oct 08, 2010, 06:33 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP

Ready for maiden!

...OK BOYS SHES READY TO TAKE THE SKY!

After all my calculations she will be flying with "1800 mah 3s lipo"! She should be able to scoot around with this weight because of wider WS. CAN'T WAIT!

Here are the pics for now while the paint dries! NEVERMIND THE WEATHER, SHE WILL BE MAIDENED! RAIN OR SHINE.

ENJOY!
Last edited by Kronikpilot; Oct 08, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
Oct 08, 2010, 08:19 PM
Simply FANTASTIC WORK!!!!!
Oct 08, 2010, 08:29 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP
Thank you Sir, Maiden video will follow soon! I'm heading outside to make her kiss the SKY!

mayday.
Oct 08, 2010, 08:54 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
very snazy .. can you scan or take some strait on shots witha penny in frame , ad it will see if i can whip up some plans and have a go at one .
Oct 08, 2010, 10:51 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP
Surething Scott..... I just maidened her and....HOLY SMOKES BATMAN! this is one awesome flying jet! Check my first post for the video!

mayday.
Oct 08, 2010, 11:42 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
hot has all heck ..

great vid
Oct 08, 2010, 11:50 PM
ExPat
Hi Albert
Your finished Invader is SUPER WOW, just incredible.

Your friend
Andy

Quick Reply