This thread is privately moderated by MUSTANGP51LOVE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 07, 2010, 09:13 AM
Wannabe Flyer
Thread OP
Cool

My Grandpa's Truck

This is my grandpa's Chevy love truck not sure what year. He bought it when he was having a "mid-life crisis" sold it a year later Fun truck but was more of a show truck than a fast ride First time I went a 100plus mph was in that truck on the backroads of illinios
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2010, 11:15 AM
AAces High
Couldn't help but comment on this sweet machine! I LOVE that retro look! Great job! Too bad he still doesn't have it!

Regards!

Reset
Oct 07, 2010, 01:51 PM
Closed Account
I think the back tires need to be wider.
Oct 07, 2010, 02:09 PM
Wannabe Flyer
Thread OP
let me tell you those tires were awesome doing burnouts at the drag strip ...can't be beat. I'm sorry he sold it to would have made a great first car
Oct 07, 2010, 08:29 PM
AAces High
LOL.. If they were any wider they'd be one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
I think the back tires need to be wider.
Oct 07, 2010, 09:51 PM
I have a quick question and I am sorry if it is a dumb one. What does the "heartbeat of America" mean. It is also on the chrome headers on the two dragster engines sitting in my metal shop class.

Sorry if this is a dumb question,

HT
Oct 08, 2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkerTyphoon
I have a quick question and I am sorry if it is a dumb one. What does the "heartbeat of America" mean. It is also on the chrome headers on the two dragster engines sitting in my metal shop class.

Sorry if this is a dumb question,

HT
It's a slogan from Chevrolet, from a time when they were a going concern.
Oct 08, 2010, 09:17 AM
Ahh, I see thanks,

HT
Oct 08, 2010, 09:00 PM
Wannabe Flyer
Thread OP
Yea chevy's line personally I'm a ford guy(nothin beats a mustang) but this was one hot chevy. I have a vhs of him draging but my tv won't play it. This wasn't a very fast drag truck but it was a crazy road car the crazy thing was my grandpa sold it for 4500- I guess hotrods are a dime a dozen in the midwest
Oct 08, 2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANGP51LOVE
Yea chevy's line personally I'm a ford guy(nothin beats a mustang) but this was one hot chevy. I have a vhs of him draging but my tv won't play it. This wasn't a very fast drag truck but it was a crazy road car the crazy thing was my grandpa sold it for 4500- I guess hotrods are a dime a dozen in the midwest
I saw my first Mach 1 mustang the other day, I have always been a Chevy guy but DANG, that is a sexy car, plus now my friend drives a older mustang and that this is a beast too.

HT
Oct 08, 2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkerTyphoon
I saw my first Mach 1 mustang the other day, I have always been a Chevy guy but DANG, that is a sexy car, plus now my friend drives a older mustang and that this is a beast too.

HT
I've long been a big GM fan myself, especially of their small block V8 engines! That's why I hate to see GM in their present situation.
Oct 09, 2010, 09:24 AM
Wannabe Flyer
Thread OP
"I've long been a big GM fan myself, especially of their small block V8 engines! That's why I hate to see GM in their present situation"

Yea it stinks. I'm also a fan of GTO's nice little cars and for overseas- the mazda Rx-8 Thats nice

Quick Reply