Oct 07, 2010, 03:31 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

QUAD FPV Super Landing Gear? How to make this design?

Hi there,

I am trying my hand at flying FPV with a quad.

But because I want to make full use of the capabilities of a quad, I want to be able to land remotely under any circumstance. Land, motors off, sit and look around for a few minutes, start and go fly! (watch the local football game!)

This is the design that I think will work best. It wont easily get stuck, should cushion most hard landing angles, etc.

I also think it will allow the quad to 'hop' to a slightly better landing spot if you are off by a few meters or so. This you can do by just a little bitta gas that makes it jump for 20cm or so. In hard wind that saves hovering for too long around a tight spot.

But how to make this? Will kite fiberglass work? Maybe aluminium, or carbon? It's a pretty heavy Octocopter!

ps. yes, I think of safety, never fly above anything or anyone! (for too long)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2010, 06:00 PM
Suspended Account
try this instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4aO1-eXs0U
Dec 19, 2010, 07:43 PM
Just go bend some aluminum using the edge of a table. Easy and $5:

Heavy Lifter Water Bottles (1 min 9 sec)
Dec 19, 2010, 08:01 PM
Suspended Account
Just be careful when attempting a remote landing, VTX range is greatly reduced the closer the copter gets to the ground. You may have usable video at altitude but as you get closer to the ground to land your video may get bad. Especially if there is anything between you and the copter.

Quick Reply