Oct 20, 2010, 09:12 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
I hope the tail is more responsive!
Pretty likely, since the motor is bigger. Just hope the main motor has been upgraded as well, heli needs more power to lift over 30 gram.

@Marconos: is the white plastic glow in the dark? I hope not.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 20, 2010 at 09:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2010, 09:55 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
A faster LIFO rate would be nice and aid in FFF cornering!

The SR120 has a very responsive tail!
Oct 20, 2010, 10:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
A faster LIFO rate would be nice and aid in FFF cornering!

The SR120 has a very responsive tail!
LIFO?
Oct 20, 2010, 12:36 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Piro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro
LIFO?
Oct 20, 2010, 01:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Piro
Ah, now I see, the L and P as well as F and R are close to each other on a QWERTY-keyboard.

Btw, the SP's low piro-rate might be due to the tail motor, or be in a way programmed into the RX. Example: I have a few 3 channel infrared helis. One piros insane, the heli spins so fast it starts to wobble. The other spins slower but more controlled. But when I release throttle a little while giving full rudder, this "unresponsive" heli suddenly also spins like crazy. Apparently the gyro then allows bigger difference between the speed of the 2 motors. The solo coax has the same behavior, it piros nice when just maintaining height, but release throttle a little and it spins insanely fast.

Now with the Solo Pro this trick won't work, since it can't turn on the spot, and drifts while turning, because it lacks the elevator/rudder mix of the MSR. Perhaps the higher placed tail, and longer tailboom will make it turn more like a coax, like I believe Marconos mentioned. Then it should also piro better. Let's hope the first shipment arrives soon, or Marconos can post a video of actual flight.
Oct 20, 2010, 05:20 PM
Does this work with Solo Pro's TX?

Will there be a BNF version?

Thx
Oct 20, 2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanbanlo

Thx
We have to hope that there will be a B'nF version, because the SP Tx will be fine.
Oct 20, 2010, 11:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanbanlo

Thx
It will certainly work with the current TX, since the receiver (RX-01) is the one that is currently also getting shipped when you order a new receiver for your Solo Pro.

And Rick posted a while ago that at first there will only be Rtf sets, but it is expected that there will also be BnFs.
Oct 23, 2010, 06:37 AM
Thread OP
@Marconos: Just wondering, but did you compare flying this new heli against the Solo Pro 2 or the Solo Pro V2? Because on the pictures where you put the Bravo SX and the Solo Pro side to side I noticed you had the banana shaped links in the rotor head, and not the new o shaped ones, that are also present on the Bravo SX.
Oct 23, 2010, 06:59 AM
well at least there a bit more support for the tail, i found that the frame cracked very easily where the tail goes into the frame and ended up replacing the skids and stock battery holder with a small bit of CF and velcro which made it a bit more rigid.

i haven't messed with my SP for a wee while now and this new model probably won't change the situation.

piro rate, flybar strikes on the canopy and the swash plate height were my main gripes with the SP and nothing has been done to improve these problems so i can't see me buying one of these new models.
Oct 23, 2010, 07:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobyuk
well at least there a bit more support for the tail, i found that the frame cracked very easily where the tail goes into the frame and ended up replacing the skids and stock battery holder with a small bit of CF and velcro which made it a bit more rigid.

i haven't messed with my SP for a wee while now and this new model probably won't change the situation.

piro rate, flybar strikes on the canopy and the swash plate height were my main gripes with the SP and nothing has been done to improve these problems so i can't see me buying one of these new models.
The tail motor is bigger and perhaps more powerful. So that might improve piro rate. The frame has been altered, and it seems the rotor is placed higher. So perhaps the flybar can't hit the fuselage and tail any more. I wouldn't draw any conclusions yet before others have really tested this new heli.
Oct 23, 2010, 07:35 AM
to me the reason for the blades being higher looks like its down to the skids being taller, the flybar looks pretty close to the boom in one of those pics without any flexing and with the body on that's going to hit IMO

but like u say we ain't really going to find out until their really tested.
Oct 23, 2010, 05:05 PM
I just got one today, the Nine Eagles rep at iHobby was willing to sell their floor samples, he charged me $45.

It feels much better than the Solo Pro, steadier. The batteries are different and you cannot use Solo Pro batteries in the Bravo SX, however it appears you can charge the Bravo battery in the Solo Pro charger. I have barely flown 1 battery through it, and it appears I need to trim it more, but so far, I like it very much.
Oct 23, 2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecuster
I just got one today, the Nine Eagles rep at iHobby was willing to sell their floor samples, he charged me $45.

It feels much better than the Solo Pro, steadier. The batteries are different and you cannot use Solo Pro batteries in the Bravo SX, however it appears you can charge the Bravo battery in the Solo Pro charger. I have barely flown 1 battery through it, and it appears I need to trim it more, but so far, I like it very much.
I was at the iHobby show myself and almost got the same deal but I went for the 120sr bnf instead. I got it for $130 out the door. Wish I had the funds for both
Oct 24, 2010, 01:31 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecuster

Nice deal. By different batteries, you wouldn't happen to have the older type of Solo Pro batteries, without the "key-notch"? Since these won't really fit the new type battery holder. Unless they changed the battery connector a little again, to make sure you can't use the 120 batteries and have to buy a couple of the new 150 batteries to fly longer. Well, since the new batteries would still fit the current charger, the changes, if any, can't be that critical, and might be just a matter of trimming of one ridge to get full compatibility. Not that it would be advisable to use a stock 120 battery in a heavier heli. They already don't live long in the Solo Pro...

Do you have a precision scale so you can post accurate weight with and without battery?

Quick Reply