Dec 19, 2010, 05:04 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
Hi,
I fly the Solo Pro RX in the Bravo SX MIA - no problem.

Hyperion:
http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=79302
Ok, then I go stick that Bravo SX tail to my Solo Pro today, and see if the longer tail, bigger tail motor, and center of gravity more backwards, will make it handle better and more like the Bravo SX.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2010, 12:04 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
well go and test it out man

we're all waiting here

vite vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro
Ok, then I go stick that Bravo SX tail to my Solo Pro today, and see if the longer tail, bigger tail motor, and center of gravity more backwards, will make it handle better and more like the Bravo SX.
Dec 19, 2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
well go and test it out man

we're all waiting here

vite vite
Seek, and ye shall find.........

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4494

Maybe SP was too depressed to post it more than once!
Dec 19, 2010, 01:46 PM
Vienna calling...
Hi,
I have also done it today.
Mounting no problem.

Yellow one Bravo SX tail, blue one standard tail:

I am bad in one hand flying, one hand taking pics:

No problem with circling or anything similar - I hardly had to trim the tail on the TX.
Flight time very good (6:15 min with a HK 120 mAh replacement charged two days ago, medium and fast indoor flight).
But I aggree with Solo Pro - the tail does not make the Solo Pro fly better. It seems a little more stable, but turns are harder.
The longer tail could be an advantage in fast forward outdoor flight, but I do not think, the longer tail is an advantage in (small room) indoorflight.
The heli is even more tail heavy now, so after going fast forward, it swings back even more than with the standard tail.

Walter
Dec 19, 2010, 02:14 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Cut down the tail boom and make it shorter
Dec 19, 2010, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Cut down the tail boom and make it shorter
You mean a Bravo SX tail motor on a tail cut to Solo Pro length?
Dec 19, 2010, 02:36 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Yes should make it handle cornering better I would bet

maybe not - but worth a try anyways

Also when the SX tail is in SP is the angle of tail thrust the same as SP was prior?

Quote:
You mean a Bravo SX tail motor on a tail cut to Solo Pro length?
Dec 19, 2010, 05:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes should make it handle cornering better I would bet

maybe not - but worth a try anyways

Also when the SX tail is in SP is the angle of tail thrust the same as SP was prior?
The angle will remain the same. Perhaps that is one of the keys. The tail motor is almost on the same height when compared to the main rotor, but the tail is attached higher on the frame with the Bravo SX, so the thrust of the tail will have less "leverage" to make the heli tip over.

Btw, I am getting the impression the RX-01 receiver has no subtrim for the tail motor anymore. I had to trim the tail on my Dark Blue Bravo SX left on all batteries, so I thought I could as well make that setting the new neutral. Usually that means entering subtrim mode with the trim setting you want, and then leave subtrim mode to lock that setting as the new trim center. Didn't work this time. Entered subtrim mode again, so I could trim it in flight. Tail didn't respond to my trim presses. And since the tail can't be steered in subtrim mode, my heli kept spinning and made a light crash as a result.

It seems like entering subtrim mode will have a different effect on the tail, it just resets tail trim, instead of making the current tail trim setting the new center. Can anyone confirm this? If it is true, that means RX-01 is less flexible in trimming the tail...
Dec 19, 2010, 05:41 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Try putting the new SX motor in the SP tail boom and see what happens

or is the can bigger?

Quote:
The angle will remain the same. Perhaps that is one of the keys. The tail motor is almost on the same height when compared to the main rotor, but the tail is attached higher on the frame with the Bravo SX, so the thrust of the tail will have less "leverage" to make the heli tip over.

Btw, I am getting the impression the RX-01 receiver has no subtrim for the tail motor anymore. I had to trim the tail on my Dark Blue Bravo SX left on all batteries, so I thought I could as well make that setting the new neutral. Usually that means entering subtrim mode with the trim setting you want, and then leave subtrim mode to lock that setting as the new trim center. Didn't work this time. Entered subtrim mode again, so I could trim it in flight. Tail didn't respond to my trim presses. And since the tail can't be steered in subtrim mode, my heli kept spinning and made a light crash as a result.

It seems like entering subtrim mode will have a different effect on the tail, it just resets tail trim, instead of making the current tail trim setting the new center. Can anyone confirm this? If it is true, that means RX-01 is less flexible in trimming the tail...
Dec 20, 2010, 03:18 AM
Whats the verdict on the the 150mah high capacity batteries from HK are they just as good as the cheap 120mah batteries from HK. I see no difference in the price when Hobby king makes the weight of the 120mah batteries way more than the 150mah batteries. I bet there is no difference in price at all in the end.
Dec 20, 2010, 07:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerorotor
Whats the verdict on the the 150mah high capacity batteries from HK are they just as good as the cheap 120mah batteries from HK. I see no difference in the price when Hobby king makes the weight of the 120mah batteries way more than the 150mah batteries. I bet there is no difference in price at all in the end.
They give about 5 minutes in the Bravo SX. I have about 10 cycles on 2 of them, so far so good.

Razor, you jinxed me! Yesterday I lost my final well flying 6010 (although I managed to fix another 3 channel heli the same day) and today my dark blue Bravo SX started acting up. Elevator servo would suddenly shift neutral position a mm down. This caused a lock up and full forward. Then, it would also magically move to it's right center position, and be fine again. Then again a lock up, and then a whining sound. Unplugged the battery, and found that the gear driving the servo has shifted down as a result of the numerous lockups... Won't try to fix it, contacted the seller. Even if I managed to get that gear back on without cracking open the fuselage, it will lock up again, because the servo is not stable... I need more helis, only one airworthy Bravo SX now.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 20, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
Dec 20, 2010, 09:32 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
They give about 5 minutes in the Bravo SX. I have about 10 cycles on 2 of them, so far so good.

Razor, you jinxed me! Yesterday I lost my final well flying 6010 (although I managed to fix another 3 channel heli the same day) and today my dark blue Bravo SX started acting up. Elevator servo would suddenly shift neutral position a mm down. This caused a lock up and full forward. Then, it would also magically move to it's right center position, and be fine again. Then again a lock up, and then a whining sound. Unplugged the battery, and found that the gear driving the servo has shifted down as a result of the numerous lockups... Won't try to fix it, contacted the seller. Even if I managed to get that gear back on without cracking open the fuselage, it will lock up again, because the servo is not stable... I need more helis, only one airworthy Bravo SX now.
SoloPro:

Now you know why I stay away from Ryan, I always had the suspicion the Destructive Heli Virus was catching. You just proved it is!

Dec 20, 2010, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
SoloPro:

Now you know why I stay away from Ryan, I always had the suspicion the Destructive Heli Virus was catching. You just proved it is!

I only posted in the same topics as he did. Surely that can't that dangerous? But it seems it is... Do you think I should ask the moderators to ban him for life?
Dec 20, 2010, 10:14 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
W T F guys?

I haven't had any issues as of late.

Maybe its someone elses time to have bad luck lol

hahah suckers
Dec 20, 2010, 10:22 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
W T F guys?

I haven't had any issues as of late.

Maybe its someone elses time to have bad luck lol

hahah suckers
Hey Ryan, you gave me my daily chuckle LOL, THANKS!

Quick Reply