Nov 23, 2011, 05:32 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350
hawk is all repaired ready for flight again. hopefully my glue job holds better this time (tooth picks, epoxy and hot glue , if it comes apart again it will be time for a new fuselage or make a new tail and elevators out of balsa.)
Howdy Jim. You mentioned using hot glue for repairs. Be aware that even on a mild day, leaving your model in the sun will soften the hot glue. Dont ask how I know that. I found out the hard way.
Hope to meet you on the weekend. Will be heading down for a reunion of sorts. It has definately been to long.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2011, 05:38 AM
I don't want to land yet!
Nice work crasha... it's a pity these foamies have all the little dimples from the moulding process, I assume you will sand them down on the final project plane... looking really cool though and you won't see them when they are doing high speed passes!

I might have to get another one and give it a paint job too! Such a nice plane to fly and have some fun with... if I flew at a bigger field (away from houses) I'd probably get the 90mm F/G T45 Jet!
For now it's FUN with FOAM... and they glue back together too hey Jim?

CRIKEY Ozzi... what are you doing here? Great to see you again Bro!
Weekend looks OK at this stage too...
Nov 23, 2011, 06:00 AM
Hey ozzi thanks for the heads up. I have used the hot glue mostly for reinforcing.
Bulk of the glueing back together is has been CA or epoxy.

Weather permitting i will be out Saturday and Sunday morning.

Dave, i'm getting plenty of glueing practice lately :-)
Nov 23, 2011, 04:21 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
If you can score the SAPAC foamie version before they went rubber foam, it can be sanded down to an ultra smooth surface with the help of spakfiller.
Nov 24, 2011, 03:48 PM
i saw some where in this thread something about making an exhaust cone for a 64mm edf unit. dimensions for making one pleas!
Nov 24, 2011, 05:36 PM
Just an Earth bound misfit - I
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder bob
i saw some where in this thread something about making an exhaust cone for a 64mm edf unit. dimensions for making one pleas!
52mm dia for 64mm fan.
Nov 26, 2011, 11:40 AM
where did you get the jet that this thread is about?
Nov 26, 2011, 12:11 PM
See title of this thread lol
Nov 26, 2011, 12:37 PM
oh ya...
Nov 26, 2011, 02:14 PM
i can't find the plane on hobby king! also the link to the plane that's at the beginning of this thread doesn't work! i want the plane but can't find it!
Nov 26, 2011, 02:16 PM
Just an Earth bound misfit - I
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder bob
i can't find the plane on hobby king! also the link to the plane that's at the beginning of this thread doesn't work! i want the plane but can't find it!
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12942

There is also a kit only version

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12943
Nov 26, 2011, 02:32 PM
Hey folks. Recieved my T45 tonight, wife is insisting I wrap up for Christmas, but I had to have alook at it last night, everything seems okay, transmitter antenna has a split in a small plastic ring which looks like it is a snap in place design but seems secure. Battery seemed okay after a short charge. rutter cables works right, no front wheel moving, will have to check the reciever, I'm not even sure everything was plugged in, but this thing blows, a quick 2 sec run up, seems to vibrate some, but with lots of power.
Questions
1. I'm going to purchase spare batteries, figured, Turnigy 2200 3s and a 2850 3S. Would this be enough of an upgrade yet not too extreme, will be running a hobby 55a esc/bec also.. It listed differently, yet came with a 4300 outrunner.
The fan is held on with a star screw, as per youtube drill bit magnet balance tool. This can only help with vibration, right??
Nov 26, 2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg1998
The fan is held on with a star screw, as per youtube drill bit magnet balance tool. This can only help with vibration, right??
I doubt it, the screw doesn't seem to have enough mass compared to the rotor, and that assumes that the screw and shaft adapter are balanced, too!
Nov 26, 2011, 03:46 PM
thanks vanderbrander!
Nov 26, 2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg1998
Questions
1. I'm going to purchase spare batteries, figured, Turnigy 2200 3s and a 2850 3S. Would this be enough of an upgrade yet not too extreme, will be running a hobby 55a esc/bec also.. It listed differently, yet came with a 4300 outrunner.
Which t45 do you have? Didn't think they came as rtf? If you have the 64mm version it does fly on 3s 2200.
Yes the drill bit and magnets in a vice as per youtube videos will help to balance the fan.

Quick Reply