This thread is privately moderated by lw777pilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 06, 2010, 05:44 PM
Gallery

E-Flite F15

First EDF

Eflite F15 cottonlaneflyers (3 min 5 sec)
Last edited by lw777pilot; Nov 17, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2010, 09:56 PM
Looks really nice, I LOVE the E-flite F-15, too bad it is a little pricey to outfit. If I could have one Horizon Hobby EDF though I'd go for the Super Airliner.

Do you have a any video?

HT
Oct 08, 2010, 12:19 PM
No video yet.. hopefully I will get one running soon.. work got in the way. Im thinking of also adding a rudder mod. It will be awhile before I can get to it.
Oct 08, 2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah no worries, just make sure you post it here if you get one up,

HT
Oct 15, 2010, 04:56 PM
this is your first EDF? How is it as a first? Im thinking about getting a "real" plane for christmas... Ive been flying scratch built pushers and yaks and things like that, but I think I want a full fuse edf. But I dont want a rocket, and it would be nice to choose between belly flop/gear landings... Can you give me your flight report on it?
Oct 15, 2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helivsFMX View Post
this is your first EDF? How is it as a first? Im thinking about getting a "real" plane for christmas... Ive been flying scratch built pushers and yaks and things like that, but I think I want a full fuse edf. But I dont want a rocket, and it would be nice to choose between belly flop/gear landings... Can you give me your flight report on it?
there are pros and cons of this airplane. It came out ok for me. I guess you have to bring some kind of prior experience with prop planes (Orientation issues) so your first jet will survive.

one of the cons Ive read is - this EDF cost a lot for what it is. Twin EDF cost twice as much as single EDF ( 2 motors, 2 ESC's, multiple servos, multiple batteries) - I got a deal on my F15 and most of the electronics with it. Even with that, I still ended up with some amount maybe less than others but still substantial.

I only had 3 flights on it so far, its down for maintenance since I want to add a rudder mod (i havent got to it yet)

There's a lot of EDF out there.. you might want to research a little more on the easier jets to put together and fly and cost that allow your budget.
Nov 18, 2010, 03:58 PM
Rudder Mod finished few weeks ago. Photos up (see link)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...799336&page=73