to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2010, 04:31 PM
master of the universe
Thread OP
Will post some pic and vids soon.
Oct 06, 2010, 04:32 PM
master of the universe
Thread OP
The plastic canopy is way nicer then the one included with the standard HK 450. Everything looks awesome so far!!
Oct 06, 2010, 04:34 PM
Use the flybar young Padawan
your going to love it , here are mine one is the exi pro and the hk pro. the only think i wish they changed was the plastic canopy , the exi comes with a fiberglass one , but its also more money .
Last edited by jombo; Dec 20, 2010 at 04:09 PM.
Oct 06, 2010, 04:41 PM
master of the universe
Thread OP
ohh you had to get both huh?

I did that with the hk450 / exi 450 and liked the hk better. I prefer hex screws for some odd reason and found the hk kit to be of better quality although they probably come from the same factory!

I need to gather some additional electronics but will be building soon. i'm probably going to use this in a scale md 500 fuse.

im in the market for a good tail servo if anyone has any recommendations. im using a hk401b gyro.
Oct 06, 2010, 04:45 PM
i am using the tungy 480digital and it holds great on the hk v1 , unfortunatly it wont fit in the pro as its not boom mount. right now i am trying to find a good servo that wont break the bank either, or i have enough spare parts to put a boom mount on and use the turngy servo .
Oct 06, 2010, 04:54 PM
for cyclic servos i got these ,
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=10976

they have all metal gears but havent had a chance to try them yet , the coronas 919 mg digitals work great , i have tryed them .
good luck with the build
Oct 06, 2010, 07:01 PM
master of the universe
Thread OP
out of stock but that s hk for you...
I'm very tempted to put this head in my hk4 50 just for a test flight would it fit?
Oct 06, 2010, 09:06 PM
Bladerex700
I got the HK 450 and all I have to say is that I am happy with this Helli.
I had the blade 400 and that choper is a joke, full of vibrations and there is nothing you can do to eliminated them..

I swaped all the electronics from the 400 to my clone T rex and here it is,, I tried to take picures of everything that I asambled but I was too exaited and I wanted to fly it do here are the pics..
Last edited by BladeRex; Oct 06, 2010 at 09:38 PM.
Oct 06, 2010, 09:16 PM
master of the universe
Thread OP
nice pics. looks like i wont need to take unboxing pics now. nice to have some pics to go off during my build too. any build tips so far?
Oct 06, 2010, 09:36 PM
Bladerex700
The only thing is if there is a way to hide the wire from the esc to the receiver as you can tell on pic num. 14 I would do it but at this point it doesn't matter it flights very nice, also the fisrt thing I replaced it was the stock gear from the aling just because that was the first thing it was gone.

Looks like the replacement from HK are much more simple and not as durable then the aling and buy plenty of those gears..: )
Oct 07, 2010, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek
out of stock but that s hk for you...
I'm very tempted to put this head in my hk4 50 just for a test flight would it fit?
aisamac gomez ,nice pics! you dont have a video of it flying ? its getting cold here and its been raining non stop for weeks , i dont think i will be doing any outdoor flying for a while
i am almost positive the shafts are the same , the only think i know that are different is the feathering shaft, this one has the bigger one .
Oct 07, 2010, 08:56 AM
i started the head , and it seems they put 2 washers on 1 side of the blade grips , definitly go through the head when putting this thing together
Oct 07, 2010, 09:44 AM
Bladerex700
Jombo. I dont have any videos is been very windy but looks like as soon as the wind calms down I'll be doing some videos..
Oct 07, 2010, 10:38 AM
master of the universe
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo
aisamac gomez ,nice pics! you dont have a video of it flying ? its getting cold here and its been raining non stop for weeks , i dont think i will be doing any outdoor flying for a while
i am almost positive the shafts are the same , the only think i know that are different is the feathering shaft, this one has the bigger one .
whats wrong with flying in the rain? good news about the head but are there any other differences? could someone just use the hub from the gt pro and theroretically upgrade a 450 v2 to the gt pro head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo
i started the head , and it seems they put 2 washers on 1 side of the blade grips , definitly go through the head when putting this thing together
hmm will have to check that. washers where the screws do in?

Quick Reply