Jul 07, 2003, 08:45 PM
Designing on the edge
Thread OP

New designs, need builders

Hi all,

I have these designs and need prototype builders.
AS usual, I supply, laser cut parts, foam rubber for tires, CAD drawn & plotted plans. In some cases, I supply instructions. I need builders who are willing to take digital photos the build and give me feed back on any parts misfits or errors in the design. You keep the model. Posting results here is up to you. Here is what I have coming up:

1) Peter Rake's Nieuport 28 for S400 power 36" ws R/E. Kit is ready now. Same plane as featured in FSM last month.
2) Curtiss Canuck ( Canadian Jenny) 40" R/E/A S400 power, my design. (In fuse aileron servo), kit is done but parts are available in 2-3 weeks.
3) 36" Halberstad DII, R/E/A ( in wing servos) GWS 300C power.
My design. Ready in ~3 weeks.
4) 36" Albatros DIII for GWS 300C power. R/E/A , glassed foam spinner. My design. Ready in ~4 weeks.

If anyone is interested in these projects, drop me a line at [email protected]

Kurt
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2003, 08:32 AM
Over Engineered
My building board is already full for the winter. I wish I had room for one. Grab them up guys these are great kits. Kurt does a fantastic job.
Jul 08, 2003, 12:03 PM
What is the timescale Kurt? I would dearly love to do any of them (possibly NOT the Jenny, to), but am not sure if I can do them real justice...is it to prove the designs? Or to produce exhibition class results...?

If there was a reasonable time allowed, and not too much concours finish, count me in.
Jul 08, 2003, 12:38 PM
Designing on the edge
Thread OP
vintage1,

Well, it seems that the current crop of these kits is spoken for. However, I have many more coming up in the next months and will need builders for them as well.

The purpose of these proto builds is not to make museum quality models. Rather, it is to verify the design and that the parts fit properly.
I also need decent photos of the build to include in the instructions for the plans.
I would like test flights as well to help document any tips on how to best fly the model. After all, these birds came about when flight was still new and the models often have some of the originals foibles.

I give credit to the builder by including his (or her) name on the instructions and on the www.AerodromeRC.com web site.

Kurt
Jul 08, 2003, 12:53 PM
Formerly of mcba fame
Are they taken then?

Matthew
Jul 08, 2003, 12:57 PM
Kurt, count me in for next time. I can do all of that including good shots on 35mm as well as the digi camera.

What I'd ideally like would be a German biplane or triplane for geared 400.

If you can ship to the UK, I'll even buy one off you
Jul 08, 2003, 01:07 PM
I would love to one of the testers for the DIII
Are you still needing builders???

Thanks
Lee
Jul 08, 2003, 01:44 PM
Designing on the edge
Thread OP
Matthew,
The later ones are still up for grabs.
Avro 504 Nightfighter 36" R/E designed for Astro 010 geared. ( Peter Rake design.) Ready in 5 weeks.
Ryan Dragonfly YO-51 48" S400 power. R/E/A ready in 5 weeks.

Lee, The DIII is spoken for but the above are still open.

Vintage1, Yes, I sell to the UK . Check out the web site order page and see the international shipping.
Jul 08, 2003, 02:43 PM
Umm Kurt. Your 'secure online order' page takes me to an adult dating site.

You been hacked?

late edit:

Ah. Netscape/Flash problem. Seems to work in Intestinal Exploder.
Last edited by vintage1; Jul 08, 2003 at 02:46 PM.
Jul 08, 2003, 02:48 PM
Hmm. But you don't sell the laser cut bits

Who is doing them?

As far as the plans go, I'd as soon pay you to e-mail me a DXF file. I have an A1 plotter, and the tools to drive it.
Jul 08, 2003, 02:53 PM
Been There! Done That!
Kurt,
Sent you an email.
boomer
Jul 08, 2003, 03:00 PM
Designing on the edge
Thread OP
Vintage1,

No I don't sell the laser cut parts anymore. It was too much for me to keep track of and no room in my business to store all that balsa. www.StevensAero.com can supply the parts though.

I really can't email the files as obviously they can be mass reproduced and I lose control of the design.

We are also in the process of migrating to a super store. The current store is not part of our site and it is very secure. The new store will be functional Aug 1. The reason to migrate is not ours, our supplier is upgrading the service.

Kurt
Jul 08, 2003, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bengtson
Vintage1,

No I don't sell the laser cut parts anymore. It was too much for me to keep track of and no room in my business to store all that balsa. www.StevensAero.com can supply the parts though.

Ok, I will see what is up there...
Quote:

I really can't email the files as obviously they can be mass reproduced and I lose control of the design.
Kurt, I have a scanner as well...I could already scan any plan and reproduce it ad nauseam, as can any A0/A1 photocopying shop....

...I agree, it is a problem. Just not sure that sending paper round the world is the way to solve it!

Maybe I should be your UK agent and sell 'em on commission

Quote:

We are also in the process of migrating to a super store. The current store is not part of our site and it is very secure. The new store will be functional Aug 1. The reason to migrate is not ours, our supplier is upgrading the service.

Kurt
That should be good.
Jul 08, 2003, 05:02 PM
You have new mail from me!

Please, please, please, please please!

Chris ;-)

Quick Reply