Oct 04, 2010, 03:25 PM
Use more rudder.
Thread OP
Discussion

RCGroups.com Phone App

We need an App for RCGroups.com for BlackBerry & iPhone! Or even an optimized Mobile Site would be good. Its so hard using the site on your phone. I think this would be a huge success.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellenR
We need an App for RCGroups.com for BlackBerry & iPhone! Or even an optimized Mobile Site would be good. Its so hard using the site on your phone. I think this would be a huge success.
Can you use oper or skyfire on iphone or BB?

I use it on my TP2 and it works great, can see all vids and text resizes
Oct 04, 2010, 05:18 PM
Use more rudder.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
Can you use oper or skyfire on iphone or BB?

I use it on my TP2 and it works great, can see all vids and text resizes
No, that browser only works with Android or Windows Based Platforms. I mean my BB Browser resizes everything and makes it work but it takes forever because there's so much content. It needs to be rolled up for a mobile site or an App would be even better. I'd use it daily as I'm sure many would.
Oct 04, 2010, 10:42 PM
AMA 937634
There's this thread that I stumbled across down in the site suggestions area here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1317100

I haven't tried it but it's an app called Tapatalk.

Out at http://www.tapatalk.com they've got downloads for Apple and Android.

Give it a try and let us know how it works!

-Stone1295
Last edited by Stone1295; Oct 04, 2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: signature
Oct 05, 2010, 12:09 AM
Use more rudder.
Thread OP
Would love too, however I have a BlackBerry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone1295
There's this thread that I stumbled across down in the site suggestions area here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1317100

I haven't tried it but it's an app called Tapatalk.

Out at http://www.tapatalk.com they've got downloads for Apple and Android.

Give it a try and let us know how it works!

-Stone1295
Oct 05, 2010, 09:49 AM
AMA 937634
From their site:

"Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry (free) and Nokia (free). Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin. Try it now to see why so many forums adopted it to compliement or replace their existing HTML-based mobile forum skin."

-Stone1295
Oct 05, 2010, 12:35 PM
RCG would have to load software on their side as well for this to work..
..a
Oct 05, 2010, 02:09 PM
Use more rudder.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone1295
From their site:

"Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry (free) and Nokia (free). Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin. Try it now to see why so many forums adopted it to compliement or replace their existing HTML-based mobile forum skin."

-Stone1295
Nice! Yeah I just downloaded it, it works! Its a little slow changing Forums but other than that it seems to work well. It's better than running the site off your mobile browser for sure. Its still in the Beta stage but its live and public so its fully functional. I'll continue to use it over the next few weeks and update this thread. Thanks!

Andy_W- if you read the thread above there's a link that shows that RCGroups did active their forums on Tapatalk already.
Oct 05, 2010, 03:45 PM
AMA 937634
Cool! Glad it worked for you!

-Stone1295
Mar 30, 2011, 10:35 PM
Just came across the Tapatalk program. How is it working out for you guys?
Apr 07, 2011, 01:34 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
Just came across the Tapatalk program. How is it working out for you guys?
I like it a lot - works great for me.
Apr 07, 2011, 01:36 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Tapatalk rocks.. No need for a dedicated app, IMO.
Sep 14, 2021, 06:32 AM
Fun is what matters!
I use Tapatalk and can't get any pictures. Any other app out there that can show pictures???

Quick Reply