Jan 23, 2020, 10:40 AM
Charles Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONKE
PS: F3K Season Opener in 7 1/2 weeks! I've been getting familiar with GliderScore http://www.gliderscore.com/Default.aspx
I've been working with Gerry Carter to debug the F3K portion of GliderScore Version 661U1, and it appears to be doing everything it should. 2020 revisions and heritage tasks are all included, so you can keep flying the Little Ladder and Poker with 5 scoring flights.

In addition, I've modified the Announcement files and Timer Setup files to provide a sequence of events that matches what we've done in the past.

If you want to sample the goods, then send me an email and I'll return a link to my Google Drive. The entire package weighs around 27 MB, so email may not be able to handle it.

BTW, my laptop speaks to the amp via Bluetooth 5.0, and it works great. No more cables!

Cheers, Charles
[email protected]
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2020, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles

In addition, I've modified the Announcement files and Timer Setup files to provide a sequence of events that matches what we've done in the past.

[email protected]
These should work great with our new clock as well - so thanks
Jim
Jan 23, 2020, 11:34 AM

Next Level

I can see how this is going.

All I can say is: ďOh yeah?!Ē

Iíll have you all know that I have a Tesla Cybertruck on order and am working on an algorithm where it follows me around and calls air. It will sense and triangulate all telemetry signals on the field so as to pinpoint models in neutral to rising air. The level of guidance will be fully selectable from ďTurn Left! Left Turn, Idiot!Ē mode to after-landing-debrief-mode: ďIt was behind you, dumbassĒ with AULD random laughter generator.

Last I checked Iím 250,612th on the Cybertruck delivery list so the FAA may have us registering our paper airplanes by then (following required on line training). But Iím on the list anyway. I really am. There have been instances of Teslaís getting ďkeyedĒ by haters so Iím getting the ďauto-taseĒ option for anyone holding a car key within 3 meters.
Jan 23, 2020, 07:55 PM
excelling at mediocrity
@ Reid: Keyed...No paint on a Tesla Cybertruck so "haters" keys are less lethal. You probably should stay out of those neighborhoods regardless...

@Charles: Thanks for posting your program! I look forward to loading it and I'm sure it will help enlighten me (us) and since I have a CX5 or two, it will be fun to compare...
Also thanks for your work on GliderScore! I am still pretty ignorant about it but I'm about to go "public" on a test contest and see how we do!

@All: Charles has demonstrated another reason the Taranis is pretty cool...you can share any model setup program with anyone on the interweb anywhere in the world...add your (included) USB cable and you're golden. (Charles was the CD at BSOAZ...great job Charles!)

John
Jan 24, 2020, 11:45 AM
Charles Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONKE
@Charles: Thanks for posting your program! I look forward to loading it and I'm sure it will help enlighten me (us) and since I have a CX5 or two, it will be fun to compare...John
This should be old news for most Taranis users, but to all newbies:

Don't save a second party aka source OTX to your transmitter, since that will over-write your TX settings. Instead, upload the contents of your TX into the Companion, open the source OTX, and cut and paste a model into your OTX window. Then close the source OTX window.

On the other hand, you can run anything in the Companion and ignore all warnings, and cherry-pick stuff and paste into your favorite program. Running the simulator is the best way to test new features before using them in a precious DLG.

Cheers, Charles

P.S.: If anyone has programming tips for making my DLG climb another 50 feet, then please forward immediately!
Jan 24, 2020, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles

P.S.: If anyone has programming tips for making my DLG climb another 50 feet, then please forward immediately!
Add an offset of 50 to your telemetry reading...
Jan 24, 2020, 01:59 PM
Charles,

Thanks for all your good work and sharing on here. And youíre right, things like you mentioned are obvious to the Taranis Tribe but itís all new ground to us late adopters.

Iím going to fire up the OpenTX simulator today. Jesperís F5J program, that I loaded for my Ultima, uses the throttle stick for throttle during motor run and then for flaps afterward. Itís like a thermos. How do it know? PFM.

Anyway, much appreciated.

Iíll have my Cybertruck call your car and weíll do lunch sometime..

Reid
Feb 03, 2020, 04:56 PM

Taranisitis Update

-First of all, if you’re using Jesper’s programs, he says don’t update to Open TX 2.3.5. If you have a Horus radio, don’t update to 2.3.4 unless you know what the bugs are and how to fix them. A lot of smart people, like Charles, are staying with 2.2.4. I’m learning that newer loads of OpenTX don’t mean better. At all.

-I’m running 2.3.4 on a 2 year old X9D+SE that uses the older ACCST protocol. The receivers are G-RX6 (left one in photo) for DLG and G-RX8 for all larger models. The range on the G-RX6 is good. Haven’t flown the G-RX8 yet but I’m told they’re good also.

-I’m curious how the ACCESS protocol is working for those with newer radios. The receivers, etc.

-I’m running OpenTX on a MacBook with the Catalina OS. Works good.

-Our son just found and gave back the manual in the photo. I think it’s similar type instruction to what Mike was referencing. I loaded Jesper Frickmann’s programs and then I use the manual to backfill my lack knowledge (or confuse myself). We can pass it around for those that are interested.

-John J and I both noticed that our DLG models fly really nice on Jesper’s programs.

-It’s SLOW going for me but I’m making some progress. Please note the color coded switch cover doofers on the transmitter. Gotta have those.
Last edited by ReidRoberts; Feb 03, 2020 at 05:12 PM.
Feb 03, 2020, 05:08 PM
Lenny and Hsu are also user of Horus/OpenTX now.
Lenny has upgraded to the latest FW and said he has had no problems.
Note you have to upgrade the FW for both the xmitter and the receivers for this.
It corrects a lockout issue that is fairly rare, but may have gotten Lovins.
I think the new ACCST transmitters are OK - but I saw some reports of range issues.
The upgrade module for existing units is a nightmare. I shan't be doing that.

Jim
Feb 04, 2020, 06:38 PM
LiPo Battery info: This covers a lot most folks will not care about - page down through and stop when you see something that you do care about. I was looking for info on low temperature effects on LiPo batteries when I found it.

MikeS
Feb 10, 2020, 04:04 PM
Fly it like you Built It !
I was under the impression there would be no math involved !!!
I will go back to cutting my foam now.
HB
Feb 13, 2020, 05:00 PM
excelling at mediocrity

I blew it

The DLG Ranch is ready for Friday and Sunday 🤪
Feb 13, 2020, 06:10 PM
My Quads Better Than Your Quad
Whew...To much tranny curiosity and blowing going on here.
Feb 13, 2020, 08:47 PM
What a great place to fly! And I need to get out and fly my models since Taranny re-assignment surgery.

But Iím work flying this weekend. Tampa on Saturday. In the 80ís.

Iíve been hitting the powder during these last storms. Breckenridge last Friday with I-70 closed east and west all day. Mary Jane at Winter Park on Monday. My buddy, in red in the picture, has fixed himself up real good after a giant yard sale (fall) in the trees. He can do that since heís retired. He pulled his groin so bad, heís almost immobile now. But he finished that day like a rock star!

Iím digginí that tracked snow blower. I love my giant Cub Cadet on wheels but tracks are cool.
Feb 14, 2020, 10:58 AM
excelling at mediocrity

Powderhounds

We've had some traffic issues haven't we?
Believe it or not I wanted a snowblower that could climb stairs so I could clear that 600 sq ft deck!
I'll admit that I've also had an almost 40 years love affair with Honda engines...
...Heading out around noon for some hand launch!

Quick Reply