Oct 07, 2010, 09:53 AM
excelling at mediocrity
Thank you Gary and John. I have a canopy now- should we bring it? If either of you want to leave yours, mine can go, or all three, or...what do you think? I will help with transport costs.

Dave J that's bad news, I hope it's a minor problem. Team Colorado will miss you.

Thanks to you also George and Charlie- that is a big favor. What a great convenience.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2010, 11:08 PM
Must Luv DLG

Hurricane Colorado

I'm gonna buy a wind meter; that is if I can find one that won't break. Windy today!!! I put in all of the ballast that I had. Have no idea how hard it was blowing, but it wasn't much fun.
Launch.....chase Launch.....chase Launch.....chase

I'm tired.
Oct 10, 2010, 08:40 AM
Spins With Gliders
Thread OP
Ya, the winds were definitely on the high end... plus. Rules say that a contest gets suspended if the sustained winds are 20+ for a minute. From experience, lots of carnage starts happening when you hit that mark.
Oct 10, 2010, 09:22 AM
usaf3kteam
Keep up the windy practice you will need all that you can get. That is a problem that I used to have. After the TS I will be flying windy days on purpose. I would not practice in more than 20 as contest would normally be put to a stop with winds that High. However 15 to 20 practice fore sure.
Oct 10, 2010, 10:30 AM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
I recall someone from Europe chiming in on the TS thread that said the conditions for the TS souded exactly like a "normal" day over there.
Oct 10, 2010, 12:02 PM
Must Luv DLG
Hey George,

Good to see that you're following our Colorado thread. I have been trading emails with Jun about airplane choices. He mentioned that he might make BSOAZ, but he also said that Paul Anderson would be there. Sounds like a Team USA warm up is in progress! Jun also said that he would try to make BSOC 2011. Look forward to seeing you in Eloy; November 6th.

Dave R.
Oct 10, 2010, 12:24 PM
Must Luv DLG
Today's Golden CO weather is 48 degrees with sporadic drizzle. Wonder if there is any lift??? Just put the planes in the car and going to find out.

Hey Charlie Morris...........looking forward to seeing you in November and getting more stories. Would also like to see you WIN BSOAZ 2011 !!!
Oct 10, 2010, 12:52 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch-1
Hey George,

Good to see that you're following our Colorado thread. I have been trading emails with Jun about airplane choices. He mentioned that he might make BSOAZ, but he also said that Paul Anderson would be there. Sounds like a Team USA warm up is in progress! Jun also said that he would try to make BSOC 2011. Look forward to seeing you in Eloy; November 6th.

Dave R.
The operative words there are 'might' and 'try'.
Lol

Jun C.
Oct 10, 2010, 12:57 PM
Spins With Gliders
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch-1
Today's Golden CO weather is 48 degrees with sporadic drizzle. Wonder if there is any lift??? Just put the planes in the car and going to find out.
My threshhold of flying DLG is at 50*. That's the point where my fingers start getting sore from the cold. You can still have fun at temps below that, but it's just a bit cooler than my body likes.
Oct 10, 2010, 01:49 PM
Must Luv DLG
Well...........a wet airplane flys, but sluggish. There was some small lift. I'm amazed, as I was expecting sink sink, but the air was mostly neutral. Go figure! I have not flown in the rain before, and was thinking that if water was pointed down, the sky would indeed be falling. The plane didn't launch as high, but I was getting some surprising air time. I quit because I was worried about the transmitter getting too wet.

Reading about the weather conditions at the TS contest, and also reading comments from the pilots, got me inspired to fly this weekend in strong winds on one day, and rain the next. Fun stuff actually. Secretely, I'm getting ready to show up in Sweden and pose as an alternate.........dream on David!

Keep your air speed up guys.
Oct 10, 2010, 01:54 PM
Must Luv DLG
Hey Jun...........no wiggle room now...........we're counting you IN.
Oct 10, 2010, 02:37 PM
usaf3kteam
Keep working on the Junster he is great to be around.
Oct 11, 2010, 10:01 AM
JLo,

FYI, I just ordered a new antenna to replace the one I borrowed from you. Thought I forgot, huh?

Cheers,

Gary
Oct 11, 2010, 10:11 AM
usaf3kteam
Gary how are you doing?
Oct 11, 2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge
Gary how are you doing?
George,

Looking forward to BSOA. Hope to get some practice time in before I get there. Unfrotunately, I haven't been able to get much practice time this year. I'm hoping to turn that around with a much less eventful 2011. With you, Charlie, Paul, and (maybe) Jun at BSOA we can all look forward to a serious butt whipping! I'm mentally preparing myself for the humiliation!

Cheers,

Gary

Quick Reply