This thread is privately moderated by TMO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 01, 2010, 12:14 AM
TMO
TMO
Thread OP
Discussion

Salem Propbusters AeroTow Event

I went up to the Propbusters Field on the 26th to attend Len Buffington's Glider event. Apparently I missed quite a bit of the action from Friday and Saturday, even so, I was pretty much awed by the whole thing and my hat is off to Len and the rest of the Propbusters gang for staging such a great event.

Truthfully, I don't get to see as much "pure glider" stuff as I used to. Down in Texas, I was a member at DEAF, it was pretty much an everyday thing. But since I moved to swamp yankee territory, I either see powered gliders, or handlaunch, or slopers, but not so much the big unpowered stuff.

Anyway, I'm cured. First off, I really enjoyed watching the tow plane do it's job. I don't have any details but it appeared to about a 1/4 scale Pilatus Porter with a 150cc. Just like the feeling I get from watching RC Tugs, it's nice to see a scale plane doing "real work".

Next, I really enjoyed the variety of planes that got up. Truly something for everyone. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply