Sep 30, 2010, 11:13 PM
Discussion

Realistic Landing Challenge

The 1/32 scale helipad marking is a copy of a full size helipad from a Naval training manual. It turned out to be too big. The more practical size is a 1/4 of the 1/32 scale. That fit on top of a shoe box. See attached.

The challenge is to make a realistic landing using a the micro helicopter on the helipad placed on top of a shoe box to simulate a building.

That helicopter has to come in on a sloped approach. Settle for a brief second over the pad and gracefully cut power. That means no chopping power and dropping helicopter on the zone.

Sound easy, but very difficult to duplicate a real helicopter landing. I love the graceful landing of a full scale helicopter. Kept me entertained for a long time trying to duplicate it

Love to see a video of a good pilot nailing it right.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2010, 11:17 PM
how about this one ?

3 CH Sub Micro Coaxial Spot Landing indoor stunt attempt 1 (0 min 19 sec)

3 CH Sub Micro Coaxial Spot Landing indoor stunt attempt 2 (0 min 25 sec)

*1st video i think is much realistic ?
Sep 30, 2010, 11:21 PM
or the msr with just a tad of the 'slant' approach ;

MSR: Precision Landing with an ultra stable Rotor Head 1 (0 min 15 sec)
Oct 01, 2010, 12:01 AM
Those are very good flying. Would rate that as 8 out of 10. A perfect 10 would have to have a slight hover for a second over the pad after the flare to slow down before cutting power like the R22 video.
Has to be one continuous smooth transition.

R22 Helicopter Approach & Dock Landing (0 min 39 sec)
Oct 01, 2010, 12:16 PM
I know just what you mean, I try for it too, and I've done it a few times though not on a spot as you request. So I may just have to take up your little challenge...
Jan 13, 2015, 06:02 AM
benmlee, Thanks for your helipad design!

I'm using it a lot to fly mi minis, here some pictures:
http://www.joanlesan.com/hobbies/con...to-particular/

And here and advanced challenge, can you beat my time? less 20 seconds to touch and go trought 3 stools ;-)

Ejercicio aprendizaje Helicóptero RC - 3 taburetes - SoloPRO (1 min 3 sec)