Jul 11, 2020, 08:20 AM
X-Raycer - The Magic Airplane (2 min 43 sec)

Well, I can make it 7-8 minutes...but the Insta360 Go only records for 5. This airplane is so much fun to keep active and busy that after 7 minutes you need a little break.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2020, 09:25 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Nice flying and video.

Ken
Jul 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
Winging it >
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Nice flying and video.

Ken
+1 great job on the build, flying and video. Fun!!
Jul 17, 2020, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather
+1 great job on the build, flying and video. Fun!!
Thanks! I have a large fleet of FPV airplanes now but this new build is without a doubt the most fun I have. Really makes my day everytime I fly it.

Case in point...a good contrast with one of my EPP wings.

Farm Fly - S800 and X-Raycer - Crowded Airspace (4 min 40 sec)
Last edited by notamedclosed; Jul 18, 2020 at 09:19 AM.
Aug 31, 2020, 02:42 PM
Hey guys, without reading every single post i was wondering if i could ask a few quick questions? What is the measurement from the motor shaft to the center of the wing? and also some fins look canted in and some don't. I'd rather have them at 90 to the surface of the wing, is that gonna be an issue?
Aug 31, 2020, 08:11 PM
Hey Carl. Just position the lowest part of the motor just above the top layer of foam. That gives the prop a bit of clearance to get out of the way on landing. It also decreases resonance because the prop cuts the turbulence of the airframe at an angle instead of perpendicular. It really doesn't matter how high it is or the angle much. It will fly either way. I ususally build it square then experiment with the angle if I want later with shims. Example, If you angle it up (prop nut up, motor mount down) you might get some climb on power which you may or may not want. And 90 degree fins work great.
Aug 31, 2020, 09:25 PM
thanks Gregco10, thats what i was looking for. gonna make a 21" one for fpv around the house
Sep 01, 2020, 12:09 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Might see if I can fast cut one of these, been back of my mind for years. Have some 15mm EPP for the main deck and 9mm for fins and fuse.

Quick Reply