Sep 18, 2019, 03:45 PM
I just got one down with twine ductaped to a baseball. It took about an hour of trying, swinging the ball around then trying to release it in the perfect direction is a skill I never thought I'd remotely possess but it worked. I also came close with a rod, reel, and sinker. I'm much more accurate with that (years of surfcasting, and off peirs and jetties) but I couldnt get the sinker to wrap around the branch. Next time I might try a heavier rod with a tennis ball as a weight. But I hope there is no next time��. Best of luck!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 03:52 PM
Build, crash...repeat
Yeah I guess most of us have. But I've always been able to get mine down, until now. That thing must be 75 ft up! I can't ask anyone to climb it, it's just a trunk-no branches until the top where it snagged the plane, and too high, a fall would probably kill. I've actually used a compound bow and arrows before successfully. I keep two bamboo poles taped together in my garage for just this problem and have used that often. But this is way too high. Only hope is wind power.
Well, it wont break the bank, but still

Thanks for your suggestions.
Sep 18, 2019, 05:54 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
75 feet up, hmmm......yep, you're screwed. Let's hope a good storm blows through soon then.
Sep 24, 2019, 07:56 PM
Build, crash...repeat
Amazing what some wind will do. I thought that sucker was wedged tight, but I drove by yesterday and there it was sitting on the road fairly intact. The fins were loose but overall not bad. And I had my electronics back. I fixed it up and flew it tonight a bit, then crashed and did a wee bit of foam damage. The hot glue gun is warming up as I type.
Sep 25, 2019, 04:32 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
And another plane eating tree is without it's dinner, thank goodness for their slow digestive tracts.
Great to hear.

Quick Reply