Feb 21, 2016, 02:28 PM
It measures 1/32 or about 1mm for these light builds and it works great.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2016, 05:15 PM
Just ordered some off ebay .047, which is 1.1mm. It was $11.75 for 20 36 inch pieces. That was the best price I could find. Actually seems like a very good price considering free shipping.
Feb 22, 2016, 02:47 PM
This is kid stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregco10
That looks like a monster! Should be fast. I'm curious to know if that prop stays on. Reason I ask is that the natural tendency of the clockwise tightening prop nut/spinner, is to loosen when the prop is spinning clockwise. It seems to work out fine on my multirotors, I check them on occasion, but this is a much higher rpm and load situation and it would be interesting to see how it holds up. Good luck with the maiden.
That's the typical prop-in-slot setup.

Brake to off in the ESC, throttle to zero before the prop contacts terra firma - never had a prop nut loosen.

Plop it on the ground, hit the throttle and she'll loosen right now, or your X-Raycer will do an interesting jig.

Is there a square dance caller in the house?
Feb 22, 2016, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1
That's the typical prop-in-slot setup.

Brake to off in the ESC, throttle to zero before the prop contacts terra firma - never had a prop nut loosen.

Plop it on the ground, hit the throttle and she'll loosen right now, or your X-Raycer will do an interesting jig.

Is there a square dance caller in the house?
Lol very funny! Good to know that they stay put, I have a build in progress with a 2212 2200kv and 6x4 , just going to bolt it on, not buying a reverse. Thank you I could never get a straight answer on that.
Feb 22, 2016, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather
Cool Mike!

How does the experience compare to flying a racing quad through that course?
I was surprised that it was not any harder than it was. It was actually allot of fun. It took a couple of trys to get the first gate then after that it was just a matter of learning the course.
Mike
Mar 05, 2016, 06:54 PM

mach1rc.com X-raycer

One of my flights today with the awesome X-Raycer! I really like this plane. I prefer my 1300mah 3s in it over the 2200mah 3s, it was a lot more fun to fly that way.
(1 min 50 sec)
Last edited by Apphoard; Mar 05, 2016 at 07:15 PM.
Mar 05, 2016, 07:28 PM
This is kid stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard
One of my flights today with the awesome X-Raycer! I really like this plane. I prefer my 1300mah 3s in it over the 2200mah 3s, it was a lot more fun to fly that way.
Looked like fun was being had.

I see you enjoy the "sudden-ness" that the X-Raycer is capable of.
I get large kicks out of that as well; also the great power off flight characteristics.

I tried batteries from 1300mah to 2200mah and settled on 1800mah for the extra vertical penetration.

1300mah wa svery good, didn't like the 2200mah.
It would flat scream, but lost too much of that "sudden-ness" that I really like.
Mar 05, 2016, 11:52 PM

mach1rc.com X-raycer

I am a inexperienced plane pilot I would say. But I really like how this plane flys great slow or fast. Also I love how it loops so well. Right now I have the EMax cf2805 on it, which is a 2860kv I think. I am using a 6x4 prop and it goes pretty good. I checked the motor and esc and they were not even warm after flight. So I think I may go up to a 7x5 tomorrow and see how it handles that. I think it will probably be ok. Not sure how much more speed it will give me.
I am also flying in a pretty small space for me. So maybe that's why the motor and esc was not very hot. I will probably go and check out our park tomorrow again also and hope nobody is in the field. I think there, I may be able to get the motor warm. lol
Last edited by Apphoard; Mar 06, 2016 at 08:35 PM.
Mar 06, 2016, 02:07 AM
Motorhead.. I received my kit, very nicely cut. Painting started and tomorrow will put in the electronics.

Question I have is about motor pairing.

This is for my oldest boy who is almost 30. He is not super experienced with planes, but experienced with racing FPV quads.

As I have quite a few 2204 motors. Would a 2204/2300 KV , 20 or 30A ESC with 6x4 prop carry any FPV load and still be zippy enough. Doesn't have to be insanely fast. It will be on a 3S 850, 1000 or 1300.

I also have some 2208/2150KV motors too I could use (AXN cloud motors).
Last edited by photohap; Mar 06, 2016 at 02:17 AM.
Mar 07, 2016, 12:24 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Think I may need to program some aileron differential in this from the radio, keep my rolls more axial. Just learned how to do that on the DX9 yesterday and realized how many elevon planes I have that could benefit from it.
Mar 07, 2016, 01:18 PM
I am running a 2204-2300 with a 6x3 prop using either a 1300 3s or 1300 4s battery. It flys great on 3s and even faster on 4s. In this video I am flying about 1/2 throttle on 3s.
Mike
X Raycer UTT1 First try (2 min 56 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by photohap
Motorhead.. I received my kit, very nicely cut. Painting started and tomorrow will put in the electronics.

Question I have is about motor pairing.

This is for my oldest boy who is almost 30. He is not super experienced with planes, but experienced with racing FPV quads.

As I have quite a few 2204 motors. Would a 2204/2300 KV , 20 or 30A ESC with 6x4 prop carry any FPV load and still be zippy enough. Doesn't have to be insanely fast. It will be on a 3S 850, 1000 or 1300.

I also have some 2208/2150KV motors too I could use (AXN cloud motors).
Mar 07, 2016, 03:05 PM
For those who were asking, the Depron X-Raycer is back in stock.
Fancyfoam Depron X-Raycer
Mike
Mar 07, 2016, 03:53 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Really good price for that kit Mike. Does it include motor mount, pushrods, any of that sort of thing? More for curiosity, since I have a depron one made, may look at your EPP one eventually.
Mar 07, 2016, 04:33 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Picked me up some coraflute, coraplast....whichever you call it......since the local elections are over I just asked the guy who was picking them up for a couple and he gave them to me.
Took awhile to cut a good looking already painted pattern.....taking out the names, etc..... It's pretty heavy tho, may need to make some lighting holes and mess up the pattern.
Mar 07, 2016, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Really good price for that kit Mike. Does it include motor mount, pushrods, any of that sort of thing? More for curiosity, since I have a depron one made, may look at your EPP one eventually.
That is a full kit with motor mount, control horns, spar and push rods.
Mike

Quick Reply