Oct 05, 2010, 09:46 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Looks really good Guys! You have put forth a detailed bit of work, Nice!

Good Luck guys, this should move very well for you.

Ron
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2010, 10:52 PM
PayPal cookies cookies expire by themselves in just a few minutes. Best bet would be to go directly to PayPal.com to logout, but most users probably wouldn't think to do that.

- Jeff
Oct 06, 2010, 08:08 AM
Winging it >
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Looks really good Guys! You have put forth a detailed bit of work, Nice!

Good Luck guys, this should move very well for you.

Ron
Thanks Ron! More awesomeness to come.
Oct 06, 2010, 09:42 PM
Winging it >
I flew Adam's fairly high powered X-Raycer this evening. I was a little nervous at first, but even at top speed it is very smooth and predictable. I topped off the flight with a nice catch...very nice.

The only problem is that now I want more power too!
Oct 06, 2010, 09:53 PM
That is how it starts

I wish I had more time to build this, I could show it off at the Kief next weekend...Why do we have to work for a living?
Oct 08, 2010, 05:09 AM
Well, this was a really quick build.
Printed the tiled plans and had the plane together after around 4 hours of work.
The build guide is really top notch. The effort that went into it can really be seen.

Turnigy 2826-1900KV, APC 7x5E (For now )
Mystery 30A ESC
Hxt 900 Servos.
Last edited by 23t23dS; Oct 08, 2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors.
Oct 08, 2010, 07:35 AM
Winging it >
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23t23dS
Well, this was a really quick build.
Printed the tiled plans and had the plane together after around 4 hours of work.
The build guide is really top notch. The effort that went into it can really be seen.

Turnigy 2826-1900KV, APC 7x5E (For now )
Mystery 30A ESC
Hxt 900 Servos.
Looks great! Lol, at first glance I thought it was a picture of my X-Raycer. I didn't expect you would finish so soon.

Best of luck on the maiden flight!

BTW you don't need very much throw +- 30 degrees and 75% expo is a good starting point for pitch and roll.
Oct 11, 2010, 03:29 PM
Inherent Tinkerer
Guys - I saw Leadfeather fly the prototype and was really impressed. Then I saw adreher fly his and was just flat stunned! Talk about speed an maneuverability!!! It's nearly impossible to video tape and will do snap ups like you won't believe. Adam is really impressive flying his and has done wonders with the graphics! The really cool thing is the speed envelope for the plane - it will scream when you want it to and will also slow down nicely for more docile flying. It's fun to watch them slow it down to landing speed and then snap in elevator to bring it to a stop in the air for a zero distance landing roll (without the landing gear.)

Hats off to Dan and Adam for their newest plane. Gotta build one and can't wait to see what's next!!!

Jimmy
Oct 12, 2010, 11:34 AM
When pigs fly rc
Can it be made of EPP and what glue do you use to adhere the paper plans? Thanks , RICH
Oct 12, 2010, 11:47 AM
Winging it >
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Can it be made of EPP and what glue do you use to adhere the paper plans? Thanks , RICH
We haven't tried epp, we've been using 6mm Depron and using 3M Spray 77 to glue the paper to foam.
Oct 14, 2010, 07:33 PM
Winging it >

3 X-Raycers

Here is a video we shot recently showing off 3 completely different powe set ups for the X-Raycer. 1) Blue Wonder maybe 100watts 2) 2409-12T 200ish and a Turnigy 2836-2350.

The mildest set up still has good speed for windy day flying, the wildest setup is fast, very fast yet slows down well for close in flying and easy landings.

The UFOlogist say only extraterrestrial crat can fly at amazing seeds and make 90 degree turns, Oh Yeah, check out the video at 2:20.

xraycer - 3 different power set ups (2 min 39 sec)
Oct 14, 2010, 08:21 PM
Well that made my motor choice easy.... What prop was that Turnigy turning?
Oct 14, 2010, 09:52 PM
Winging it >

Carbon color X-Raycer

The X-Raycer has always reminded me of a stealth aircraft. The stealth/carbon color scheme seemed like a natural idea. Now available on mach1rc.com the web site.
Last edited by leadfeather; Oct 14, 2010 at 09:57 PM.
Oct 15, 2010, 07:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Well that made my motor choice easy.... What prop was that Turnigy turning?
The turnigy motor for the "medium" set up was running a 7x6E prop. The "hot" set up was running a 6x5.5.
Oct 15, 2010, 02:21 PM
Bought the 24" yesterday. I didn't see the 20" one. Is that something new since yesterday? I should have waited one more day. I have a big stack of 22" depron. Oh well, bummer. Very cool plane guys!

Quick Reply