Sep 29, 2010, 07:49 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Paritech DG 1000

Hi
I bought a Paritech DG 1000 from Mario almost a year ago and now have finally got the time to get it flying again. I stripped out everything and redid the whole interiour. I will post some pictures later.
My main question now is It had a AFT 25 in it and when I run it it does not seem to have enough power. The AFT was shipped straight from Paritech it was serviced according to Mario.
I am using a Thunderpower 10S 5000 Mah batt and the controller is the YGE 115. When I connect a amp meter it only runs up to about 25 amps.
What could cause this. IS the controlled not good?

Regards
Alex
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Alex,

I helped Mario out by email contact when he got the DG1000 and AFT25, He didn't have much/any experience with electric drives such as this one.

Your AFT25 should draw around 50 Amps when running full speed. Normally, starting the first time after connecting the propulsion battery the AFT revs up from 80% to 100% in around 8 seconds, thus lessening the tendency to nose over when the DG starts to roll.
There is a chance your LiPo battery pack (or a few cells in the pack) is gone over time or near empty and the voltage sags badly under load. I would say that you should get at 36 to 39 Volts under full load with a fully loaded pack (I presume a 10S pack).

There is also a chance that the SM-controller which steers the speed control is not programmed properly and doesn't send out the ful speed signal to the speed control.
The YGE speed control itself should be OK, is one of the top notch brands in Europe and advised by Shambeck the AFT25-producer.

There maybe are some more tips but we better do this by email or PM.
Last edited by Harm; Sep 29, 2010 at 12:38 PM.
Oct 19, 2010, 02:15 PM
Thread OP
Hi Harm
Like allways thanks for all the info.
I started by taking out all the old equipment and redoing the whole inside.
I also painted the inside making it look much nicer than it did before.
I ran the aft with 3 x 4 s packs so it is a 12 s pack and then she gets up to 55 amps.
Will fly her this weekend and get some pictures up.

Regards
Alex
Oct 19, 2010, 10:23 PM
Very nice, Alex! Very clean install!

Randy
Oct 30, 2010, 04:45 AM
Thread OP
Well I finally got the sls sorted and did the maiden flight with the new setup.
The CG was a bit rear so elevator was sensative and also I need to reduce the rates on the elevator but she flies great.
I used a 10S 5000mah pack and it works great.
Even though she is quite heavy she feels very good in the air and catches even the lightest lift.
I had a guy filming but most of the footage is not good. Will upload some video a bit later.

Thanks for all the info and help from you guys.

Alex
Oct 30, 2010, 05:23 AM
Thread OP
Paritech DG 1000 with AFT 25 SLS rc Glider (0 min 33 sec)
Last edited by alex louw; Oct 30, 2010 at 05:31 AM.
Oct 30, 2010, 05:31 AM
Thread OP
Paritech DG 1000 (1 min 20 sec)
Oct 30, 2010, 07:17 AM
TEAM HORIZON
Alex, Congats on the maiden, I know its been a while in the works> I'm sorry to hear all the problems you had with the seller, its not fair when you pay for something to get jerked around, I know, I bought something from him too and got jerked around.

Enjoy the plane now that you got in the air!!

LEN
Oct 30, 2010, 08:03 AM
Thread OP
Hi Len

It took almost a year to get all sorted but in the end all was good.
Having the plane in the air was great and it is a pleasure to fly. We are moving into the winter season and the weather is great for thermal flying with lots of nice clouds.
Will upload a better video once I find someone with a stable hand.

Regards
Alex
Oct 30, 2010, 08:53 AM
Most excellent, Alex! Congrats on the maiden! You guys with your LARGE scale ships are my heros!

Randy
Oct 30, 2010, 09:07 AM
Thread OP
Hi
Thanks unfortunately the airworld glider crashed soon after the picture due to wing failure will upload a video

Alex
Oct 30, 2010, 09:28 AM
Thread OP
This glider suffered wing failure during a high speed pass with a roll. The pilot Jamal flew it many seasons and this weakend unfortunately it crashed.

Airworld ASK 21 with Jetcat 160 flown by Jamal in the UAE at Al Ain rc club (0 min 12 sec)

Airworld ASK 21 with jetcat 160 wing failure flown by Jamal in the UAE (0 min 18 sec)
Oct 30, 2010, 09:33 AM
Negative G wing failure!
Oct 30, 2010, 09:42 AM
Ouch with the ASK, nice to see the DG back in the air Alex, I watched it here in California but always with a towplane, nice to see the SLS in operation. Congrats.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Oct 30, 2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman47
Negative G wing failure!
I wonder why that broke off.

Quick Reply