Sep 28, 2010, 10:23 PM
I Toast Planes
Thread OP
New Product

Parkzone Radian Pro

Parkzone Radian Pro BNF and PNP (1 min 22 sec)

There are already postings of this in the sailplanes category so I decided to post it in the electric plane talk category also. It meets most of the requirment.

Enjoy
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2010, 11:17 PM
Ya i saw this too!! I am interested in it for sure!! Lets get it going folks!!
Sep 29, 2010, 06:13 AM
There are two threads in the glider section on this plane.
Sep 29, 2010, 06:18 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Never understood the appeal but I mite jsut ask for it for Xmas so I can learn and see why so many like this type of flying/plane/glyder. PLus its a PKZ so you know its good.
Sep 29, 2010, 07:32 AM
I like gliders mainly because you can get much more flying time, something which I want when doing aerial videos and photos. I'm not a skilled glider pilot so can't really make use of some of the advanced flying features of the Radian Pro, but maybe one day I will.
Sep 29, 2010, 09:17 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulogix
I like gliders mainly because you can get much more flying time,
What kind of flight times are we looking at with the Radian? I get around 15min or so with my PKZ Corsair and sometimes depending on throttle management I can get 18min or so. But then again I got 12 packs for this bird so flying time isnt really a concern.
Sep 29, 2010, 10:25 AM
The building never ends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
What kind of flight times are we looking at with the Radian? I get around 15min or so with my PKZ Corsair and sometimes depending on throttle management I can get 18min or so. But then again I got 12 packs for this bird so flying time isnt really a concern.
Depends on conditions. With a powered sailplane, you typically just use the motor to get up to altitude, turn it off, and then glide back down. I have a small sailplane which I've set the timer to go off after just two minutes of motor run. But from that little motor run, I can eke out 10 - 15 minutes of flight. Even more if I were better at catching thermals.

A Radian has more motor run time available to it, and much more power than my little 1.5 meter sailplane. Just gliding around ought to get you 30 - 45 minutes. If you catch a few good thermals, you could be up there for well over an hour, easy.
Sep 29, 2010, 10:35 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I'm like you freechip. I've never completely understood the allure of long slow flights just gliding around. In fact, I think my eyes and neck would get sore flying for so long. That said, I have to believe there is something to it so I may give a Radian a try. It seems like a cheap easy way to satisfy my curiosity.
Sep 29, 2010, 06:24 PM
I Toast Planes
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
I'm like you freechip. I've never completely understood the allure of long slow flights just gliding around. In fact, I think my eyes and neck would get sore flying for so long. That said, I have to believe there is something to it so I may give a Radian a try. It seems like a cheap easy way to satisfy my curiosity.
I like flying the slow plane I dont know why its just really cool seeing how long you can stay in the air without having to use the motor. i do this with my vapor
Sep 29, 2010, 06:25 PM
RC Guru
What's so "pro" about the thing??

All I see is a full house sailplane. Looks like they added a longer spar too
Sep 29, 2010, 10:03 PM
St. Louis

Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
What's so "pro" about the thing??

All I see is a full house sailplane. Looks like they added a longer spar too
lLike any manufacturer this is simply an upgraded, more capable model of the first release. Some pilots look down on a simple RE aircraft whether sail or power. Just a phrase to distinguish the models. This new model is a very logical and well thought-out upgrade to an insanely popular introductory model...The Radian. How confusing can this be?
Sep 30, 2010, 09:22 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Never understood the appeal but I mite jsut ask for it for Xmas so I can learn and see why so many like this type of flying/plane/glyder. PLus its a PKZ so you know its good.
Are you kidding? There's nothing better on a bright sunny Sunday afternoon than to pitch a glider get it so high up, it looks like a speck in the sky, cut the motor and just cruise around. All the while setting in a lounge chair sipping on a iced tea or beer, which ever floats your boat.

I have a pusher prop Push-e Panther style glider and get 30 minutes easily on a battery. The Radian should get an hour with no problem.
Sep 30, 2010, 09:25 AM
Time for me to Fly...
If you can fly it while drinking beer, it hardly sounds like any fun. If I want to relax and have a beer, I'd rather be out on my boat.
Sep 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
AMA 7224
40 years of soaring and even I can't tell you exactly what the attraction is about sailplanes. I could allude to esoteric intangables and babble prosaic statements one being one with the forces of nature but I won't. If you're climbing and just aimlessly gliding around back to the ground,you're missing the point of soaring. It's fine to do that if that's what you're looking to do,but finding lift,staying in it and riding it is more rewarding than you would think.

The slightest little bubble of lift is cause to challenge the combination of your flying skills and your sailplane by trying to get the most out of the natural forces you've just found in the sky. Doing aerobatics,flying helos,puttin around in a scale plane,launching a big free flight gasser and other flying activites have thier attractions and adherents. Every form of modeling has thier own reward and it's all good. Soaring is the road less traveled by the few who are willing to spend the time to learn to be proficent sailplane pilots. As Hendrix said ,"Scuse me while I kiss the sky".
Sep 30, 2010, 11:26 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Well, at least there is one good explanation. You've found it a rewarding challenge to work the lift. That makes some sense to me. I'm just not sure if I want to spend my hard earned dollars finding out if I'd like type of flying or not.

Quick Reply