Thread Tools
Old May 01, 2011, 04:50 PM
NeilDahl51 is offline
Find More Posts by NeilDahl51
Registered User
NeilDahl51's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
C...it's a fun bird to fly....I'll be back up in the air as soon as I fix that noisy motor....
I had to change a shaft also... I am getting a noise also. it seems that the shaft is a couple of thousands off because it runs smooth and pulls the same amps as the other. Think that the vibration is coming from the bearings. Interesting thing is the ones from grayson's do not seem to be the same quality as the ones from HK.

Neil
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2011, 05:35 PM
LICobra is offline
Find More Posts by LICobra
Warbird Enthusiast
LICobra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilDahl51 View Post
I had to change a shaft also... I am getting a noise also. it seems that the shaft is a couple of thousands off because it runs smooth and pulls the same amps as the other. Think that the vibration is coming from the bearings. Interesting thing is the ones from grayson's do not seem to be the same quality as the ones from HK.

Neil
N....I agree....I guess if I have any more issues with noisey motors, it might be easier just to replace them....
Old May 02, 2011, 07:04 AM
Naval Warfare is offline
Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Naval Warfare's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
N....I agree....I guess if I have any more issues with noisey motors, it might be easier just to replace them....
I concur, but with what? Ive been scouring HK but I'm an idiot and can't seem to find one.
I was hoping somebody would find, and suggest an alternate. I would rather not spend 25.00 for a motor that's gonna shortly take a dump on me.

On the shaft. I replaced one shaft with one from another motor and had no issues. I wonder why the replacements dont work as well.
Last edited by Naval Warfare; May 02, 2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old May 02, 2011, 08:42 AM
sanman55 is offline
Find More Posts by sanman55
Registered User
sanman55's Avatar
Celm If you are good with your hands you can do what I did for $ 30...for your retracts...http://www.toysonics.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1
On page 29,post 425 this thread, is the manual for how to make one stearable, not real hard..

It is some work but cheap. I have had mine on for many landings and love them...the manual has PLENTY of pictures..
good luck , sanford
Old May 02, 2011, 08:56 AM
LICobra is offline
Find More Posts by LICobra
Warbird Enthusiast
LICobra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
I concur, but with what? Ive been scouring HK but I'm an idiot and can't seem to find one.
I was hoping somebody would find, and suggest an alternate. I would rather not spend 25.00 for a motor that's gonna shortly take a dump on me.

On the shaft. I replaced one shaft with one from another motor and had no issues. I wonder why the replacements dont work as well.
NW...I can only imagine there not exactly the same diameter as the original seems to be a tighter fit.

I guess the problem going foward is can we find another motor with a similar threaded prop shaft configuration, or changing motors from a prop shaft with threads to a more conventional motor with a prop shaft adapter, thus changing the way the prop/spinner is installed.

The search is on.
Old May 02, 2011, 09:45 AM
Naval Warfare is offline
Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Naval Warfare's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
NW...I can only imagine there not exactly the same diameter as the original seems to be a tighter fit.

I guess the problem going foward is can we find another motor with a similar threaded prop shaft configuration, or changing motors from a prop shaft with threads to a more conventional motor with a prop shaft adapter, thus changing the way the prop/spinner is installed.

The search is on.
Thats the rub. Find threaded, (good luck with that) or toss em and start over.
I'm leaning towards the latter over the former, as it should be easier to find conventional replacements.
Old May 02, 2011, 10:37 AM
raz is offline
raz
Find More Posts by raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
raz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
I concur, but with what? Ive been scouring HK but I'm an idiot and can't seem to find one.
I was hoping somebody would find, and suggest an alternate. I would rather not spend 25.00 for a motor that's gonna shortly take a dump on me.

On the shaft. I replaced one shaft with one from another motor and had no issues. I wonder why the replacements dont work as well.


I'm considering the Tower Pro 2409-12 from Hobby King along with 7x6 props. That is one awesome little motor putting out 200 watts and with that prop about 18 amps (unloaded).
Old May 02, 2011, 02:19 PM
celm is offline
Find More Posts by celm
Registered User
celm's Avatar
got mine today and there is a problem. when i hand spin the left motor it sounds like metal rattling around, when i spin the rt motor i sound fine and normal.AHHHH i wanted to fly it this weekend
Old May 02, 2011, 04:36 PM
LICobra is offline
Find More Posts by LICobra
Warbird Enthusiast
LICobra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
got mine today and there is a problem. when i hand spin the left motor it sounds like metal rattling around, when i spin the rt motor i sound fine and normal.AHHHH i wanted to fly it this weekend
C...welcome to the world of Dynam......sorry that you encountered a motor problem already. I will say once you get past the normal BS with this airplane it is a fun twin to fly.
Old May 02, 2011, 06:19 PM
celm is offline
Find More Posts by celm
Registered User
celm's Avatar
i got a hold of NP and there sending me out another motor
Old May 02, 2011, 06:24 PM
Naval Warfare is offline
Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Naval Warfare's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
I'm considering the Tower Pro 2409-12 from Hobby King along with 7x6 props. That is one awesome little motor putting out 200 watts and with that prop about 18 amps (unloaded).
Thanks Ron. Got a link?
Old May 02, 2011, 07:17 PM
celm is offline
Find More Posts by celm
Registered User
celm's Avatar
are the light prewired or you have to wire them?
Old May 02, 2011, 07:35 PM
bamaguy is offline
Find More Posts by bamaguy
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
bamaguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
are the light prewired or you have to wire them?
The LED's ARE NOT wired....they are glued in location just for looks.
Old May 02, 2011, 09:39 PM
raz is offline
raz
Find More Posts by raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
raz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Thanks Ron. Got a link?


Here you go. I have this motor with a 7x6 prop in a Stryker, a Fun Jet, a Lancair ES, a Voodoo Mustang and my BD-5B.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=2046
Old May 03, 2011, 02:05 PM
Naval Warfare is offline
Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Naval Warfare's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
Here you go. I have this motor with a 7x6 prop in a Stryker, a Fun Jet, a Lancair ES, a Voodoo Mustang and my BD-5B.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=2046
and you reckon it has the appopriate clearance from the shroud?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold toyota land cruiser flynfred Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 0 Sep 27, 2010 06:48 PM
Discussion Groupner "Commodore" cabin cruiser oztruck Scale Boats 2 Sep 15, 2010 08:06 AM
Wanted controller for New Bright PT Cruiser jclush Cars - Accessories (FS/W) 0 Sep 11, 2010 01:31 PM
Sold Sea Cruiser II & Kadet Senior dls Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Sep 06, 2010 05:46 PM
Discussion Sterling 32' Cruiser or the Berkley 22' Express Cruiser RussellTate Scale Boats 15 Oct 26, 2009 10:41 PM