Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Arcteryxxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 12, 2011, 06:09 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
Looks like fun Arctery!!!!!

Do post some ICE graphs please!

Regards
Peter

PS: LOL, aren't those extra thick esc motor leads a pain to fit into place!
You are soooo right! Soldering was a challenge, too!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2011, 09:14 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Since this comes from you I will do it:-)
If you have any reservations on the ESC being held down, I drop some hot glue down between the side walls and the plastic covering the capacitors. Good luck trying to pull it out, I have had to cut out a few.




I cant wait to hear the video and overhear your comments as you tremble and try to contain yourself for landing
Apr 12, 2011, 09:58 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
If you have any reservations on the ESC being held down, I drop some hot glue down between the side walls and the plastic covering the capacitors. Good luck trying to pull it out, I have had to cut out a few.




I cant wait to hear the video and overhear your comments as you tremble and try to contain yourself for landing
Actually I mounted the 200 by sliding it backwards and down from the Rx wires and the baseplate "wings" extends into the grip. (bad explanation - sorry).
Here is a picture.... Will use a couple of drops of hot glue as well - just like I do on my ICE100s:
Apr 12, 2011, 11:03 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
Ingenius !!!!
That slot will keep her down nicely !

One thing I will add is this .............. on Popcorn (rest her soul) the foam in between the finger grips started to get pretty weak and flexible. Possibly paint a coating of epoxy to keep the strength because time will take its toll in that area, unless you are bungee launching her ?
Apr 12, 2011, 11:12 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Ingenius !!!!
That slot will keep her down nicely !

Possibly paint a coating of epoxy to keep the strength because time will take its toll in that area, unless you are bungee launching her ?
Thanx! This one is for bungee launches
Apr 13, 2011, 02:36 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Done! Canopy cut and refit. Also made a lid for the wire "booth".
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Apr 13, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
Apr 13, 2011, 03:32 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
Make sure every logging parameter is selected in the ICE before you go fly.

Looking insane !!!!!

I CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!
Apr 13, 2011, 03:35 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Make sure every logging parameter is selected in the ICE before you go fly.

Looking insane !!!!!

I CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Mopar!
Can't wait either. Unfortunately my employer disagrees - sending me on a trip to Sweden the next couple of days. Praying for good weather on Saturday
Apr 15, 2011, 04:08 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Last bit of HK hardware removed from my glassed Strykers. Sleipner got rid of it's HK 380Max servos. Replaced by 82MGs. Phew! One more uncertainty canceled
Apr 15, 2011, 04:15 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Last bit of HK hardware removed from my glassed Strykers. Sleipner got rid of it's HK 380Max servos. Replaced by 82MGs. Phew! One more uncertainty canceled
Very happy to see that you put in some stronger servos. Please check them over VERY carefully for shaft wobble. Grab your elevon and firmly go up and down quickly while watching the servo arm from behind. If you see any sideways deflection, do NOT go past 135 mph.

Ask me how I know that
Apr 15, 2011, 04:21 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Very happy to see that you put in some stronger servos. Please check them over VERY carefully for shaft wobble. Grab your elevon and firmly go up and down quickly while watching the servo arm from behind. If you see any sideways deflection, do NOT go past 135 mph.

Ask me how I know that
Done it! I put in DuBro heavy duty servo arms. Pushrods are 3mm with soldered clevis in one end and threaded in the other
Hägar has 85MGs with DuBro heavy duty and 3mm rods as well.

Should be rock solid!
Apr 15, 2011, 04:28 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
So what's the prop-position for a great hotdogger on 4S with the 16/40/1.5SCE?
Q40-7.5 was at 99amp level flight in Sleipner. Going for 8*6 I think. Acceleration and climb is the goal. Speed runs will be carried out by Hägar.....
Apr 16, 2011, 06:38 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Servo arms, pushrod and clevis.
Heavy duty stuff
May 18, 2011, 03:46 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Nothing is like building a heavy Stryker!

Just finished fitting the elevons and cutting/painting plexi verticals, and sanding the TE and elevons into shape and epoxy coating/heating will be next.

Won't be making a detailed build log this time, as most of the aspects are already covered in the making of Sleipner and Hägar, but will post pictures and explanations when I'm done...
May 26, 2011, 09:41 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Here's a sneak peek of my new build.

And yes - it's named after my favorite drink
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; May 26, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Thread Tools