Kyosho 40 Spitfire II Conversion - Page 14 - RC Groups
Jan 07, 2018, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
I notice you are using 20deg C & 287m as your temp & altitude, was that default or does it reflect your conditions?
That was the default settings. I live in Baltimore MD.
I agree on the throttle for flying speed with the 12x6 prop. I might step up to the 12x8 for some cushion. -Vic
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2018, 05:12 PM

Finishing up

Here she is - up on her legs. As I mentioned, I am going with the stock hardware for this model. I have the Phoenix model with retracts and flaps so I'm just keeping this one simple. I may install the gear door covers but since I fly off grass, they will probably just get torn off. Got to clear-coat the cowl and mount the canopy.

I did not see anything in this thread about an exit hole for ventilation. A big vent hole in the cowl will do very little for cooling if the air can't get out. I will cut one on the bottom of the fuse just behind the wing.
Last edited by Iflyrc_vic; Jan 07, 2018 at 05:17 PM.
Jan 07, 2018, 07:04 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Google says Baltimore is 150 metres. 20C=68F. Not enough to change much.
Looking good. Do you have a black top landing strip?
Jan 07, 2018, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
Google says Baltimore is 150 metres. 20C=68F. Not enough to change much.
Looking good. Do you have a black top landing strip?
Thanks. Our field only has a grass landing strip. In the early summer, the grass gets really thick and sometimes causes nose over issues. Just have to be able to adjust your landing speed and flaring accordingly. Makes a better pilot out of all of us.

Quick Reply