Oct 02, 2017, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIHadWings
2x3s/2200 this evening. Got run off by some nasty stuff.
Nice looking switch. I still fly mine every chance I get,especially to warm up my fingers for my other planes. I was able to get a nice hover yesterday. Happy flying!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2019, 10:45 PM
early retired & loving it

looking for ideas on flyzone switch wing help

Yes I know this is an OLD thread but I figured this is where I would find an answer.
I got a well used Flyzone switch and I'm concerned about the mid wing holding together. Seems when I hold the plane on it's side the only thing holding the wing halves from falling off are the servo wires.
The Hi wing setup allows me to tape the seam, top and bottom, with 1/2" scotch tape however I don't know of an easy fix for improving the hold position for the mid wing.
Any ideas? Pictures?
Thanks
Sep 11, 2019, 03:46 AM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnrusso
Yes I know this is an OLD thread but I figured this is where I would find an answer.
I got a well used Flyzone switch and I'm concerned about the mid wing holding together. Seems when I hold the plane on it's side the only thing holding the wing halves from falling off are the servo wires.
The Hi wing setup allows me to tape the seam, top and bottom, with 1/2" scotch tape however I don't know of an easy fix for improving the hold position for the mid wing.
Any ideas? Pictures?
Thanks
The magnets in the carbon fiber rod are pretty strong and should click with the wing’s end point when installed. There should be CF pins at the aft wing root that slide into holes in the fuse. The sport wing configuration works very well... no issues.

After a few crashes, I did notice the CF rod had a crack that I repaired and then replaced. You might inspect it, but otherwise Fly, Land, Repeat!!
Last edited by IfIHadWings; Sep 11, 2019 at 06:53 PM.
Sep 12, 2019, 09:42 AM
early retired & loving it
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIHadWings
The magnets in the carbon fiber rod are pretty strong and should click with the wing’s end point when installed. There should be CF pins at the aft wing root that slide into holes in the fuse. The sport wing configuration works very well... no issues.

After a few crashes, I did notice the CF rod had a crack that I repaired and then replaced. You might inspect it, but otherwise Fly, Land, Repeat!!

Thanks, being used, the magnet was missing from one side and the other side had the magnet repaired but backwards. It was pushing instead of pulling. I retrieved the missing one from inside the wing by a drop of superglue on a steel, same size rod. I reversed the other magnet but it seemed that the CF rod was not locking tight on both sides at the same time. I added 1 extra magnet to one side and that resolved the issue. Thanks for explaining that it had magnets. I didn't realize it and it doesn't show or discuss that in the manual.
Sep 12, 2019, 03:08 PM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
No problem! I’m glad you were able to get it straightened out.

The Switch is a fine airplane. It was my first high wing and it was so cool transitioning to the sport wing about six years ago. I still have mine but with the fourth fuselage and cowl after crashing it a lot while I was learning.
Last edited by IfIHadWings; Sep 12, 2019 at 03:35 PM.

Quick Reply