Jul 05, 2003, 11:01 PM
Speed Demon
Thread OP

A Day on the Hill Slope Meet in Pittsburg CA. July 19

Hi All,
I'm copying a letter our CD sent me explaining what we're doing, hope to see you there!

A Day on the Hill, July 19th 9-12 AM www.dvrc.org

We are planning a spot landing contest, a glider pylon race, and a pilot's only raffle for prizes. (We may even do some slope combat, depending on interest.)

One neat thing about slope planes is they are inexpensive. I plan on having over half a dozen kits as prizes for the contest. These prizes will come from places like jkaerotech.com and davesaircraftworks.com

Even if you do not have a glider, come on out to play. All you have to do to be included in the pilot's raffle is to get some stick time in.

A $10 landing fee will be charged. The club runway will be closed to sport flying this date from 0900 to 1200 hours.

Sean Dexter CD
Last edited by GregG; Jul 05, 2003 at 11:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2003, 08:53 PM
The Baron would like to be there this weekend but he will be busy with American Boy Scouts. He will be over there in September for the electric fun fly on 9/28. By the way that was excellent root beer you served last weekend. My Patton ME-262 foamy sloper would love to have a go at you...but we must bring along the youth. Hope you have the wind I had for my event next weekend. Good Flying! The Baron
Jul 17, 2003, 01:16 AM
Speed Demon
Thread OP
Heres the latest picture. I helps to explain where you'll be flying. This was taken from a ridge overlooking our runway and clubhouse and has been used for D.S. flying.

Last edited by GregG; Aug 03, 2003 at 05:32 PM.
Jul 19, 2003, 12:40 AM
Speed Demon
Thread OP
I was flying on the hill with Sean Dexter, CD for the meet today. The winds were westerly maybe 10 MPH and coming right at the right side of the slope as you look at the picture. He had his DAW Mustang foamy and we were having a blast. There seems to be fog growing offshore and I'm told that this means higher winds tomorrow. Right now I just checked the weather from our web site and it's 6 MPH at 10:30PM. I hope this works, It's the link to the nearest weather station to the field ~2 miles away over the hill in Concord. This usually shows wind at half the speed we get at our location.
Jul 19, 2003, 12:48 AM
The link works perfectly.

Thanks, Greg
Jul 19, 2003, 08:58 AM
GREG:
Really sorry I can't be there and hit your sorry stuff with my Patton mini Mustang and Me 262 foamy slopers. I would have liked to taken home one of those kits you are giving away as well. Our review planes have not yet come in but I will be in touch. Heck if I did come I would probably cause the wind to stop. (I have that affect at the slope, only at the slope.) The Baron
Jul 19, 2003, 04:07 PM
Great job Sean for CDing, Phil for cooking and GregG for being a good guy (except of course when he was causing mischief )

It was a lot of fun, we definitely need to do this again. Gotta keep my sites on Sean's P-51 ratta-tatta-tat!
Jul 20, 2003, 02:34 AM
It was a great event. What a spectacular site! Thank you Sean for running it, and thank you Greg for letting us know about it, and thanks to the whole DVRC group for generously sharing their site and flying time. I agree, lets do it again!

Here's Greg Morrison with his Moth. Is he having fun?
Jul 20, 2003, 02:36 AM
Here's Ethan Miller with his Zagi.
Jul 20, 2003, 02:38 AM
Ethan shows how strong the wind was:
Jul 20, 2003, 02:44 AM
My Mini Dragon on the ridge. It looked great in the air, but I sure couldn't get a photo of it flying.

The cows were amusing.
Jul 20, 2003, 02:45 AM
Ethan's Zagi approaches the ridge:
Jul 20, 2003, 02:57 AM
Eric Reeser had fun, too.
Jul 20, 2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks for a great day at the slope DVRC. You guys are lucky indeed to have such a great hill right next to your main field. Here are few photos that I took as well.
Jul 20, 2003, 10:23 PM
A JW in action.

Quick Reply