Sep 25, 2010, 01:21 AM
another MONSTER ?
Thread OP
Discussion

"Ace in the hole" event...Oct 1. 2. 3. 2010 who's coming and whatcha bringin'?

Hey guys,
"Ace in the hole" (formerly known as "Superfly") in Las Vegas, Nevada is one week away now.
This is always a great event, and will be my third year. The turnout is always good and the weather has been about 80* in the past few years.

Darrel (Sugar bear36) was a great CD last year, and will surely put on a good event this year.

Here is the official website. www.vegasaceinthehole.com
Dry camping is available on site, at Bennett Field.

I Hope to see the usual guys there, as well as make some new friends.
We'll be a Sponsor there for the first time as Efflux RC. but will be bringing a few personal birds, as well as some ERC demo jets.

So chime in and tell (show) us what your bringing.

I finally spent some time on the MONSTER Squall tonite. She's ready to fly again. Although, not repainted yet it still looks like a Rat Rod, instead of like the photo.

Gary
Last edited by One Six Right; Sep 25, 2010 at 01:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2010, 01:40 AM
AMA 884978/KK6NKY
I'm in - pre registered and everything. I plan to bring the following:

1. Mountain Models Magpie AP plane

2. E-Flite Stearman PT-17

3. E-Flite DH2C Beaver

4. Parkzone Corsair (Way over powered!)

5. Kyosho FP-1000

6. Superfly

E-Z Up shade & my Coleman lawn chair!! LOL!!

Hillbille
Last edited by hillbille; Sep 25, 2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Pictures added!!
Sep 25, 2010, 01:55 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
only bringing 3 this year. BH 70" corsair(2700W) , JHH sabre 4200W, and highly modded CMP .50 P-51....yet to be finished.....should be finished by the event....really looking forward to it this year!

gary, bring the radar gun!

we'll be there thurs morn.....how about the rest of yous?
Sep 25, 2010, 02:21 AM
another MONSTER ?
Thread OP
Nice aircraft as usual Brent (you too Hillbille, just can't see em ?)

Well be there about midnight on Thursday (Gotta wait for Karen to get off work) Cory and Josie will be staying with us but coming on Friday morn.
Well have the Prospeed gun for sure.
Darrel mentioned something about EDF races but there's nothing organizied at this time. I will be turning into Efflux RC soon.(must be getting close to Halloween) llbe stuck in the booth, and won't have time to man the gun. I'll have to find someone wants the honors.
Sep 25, 2010, 03:15 AM
AMA 884978/KK6NKY
I have in the past and will in the future do some of my BEST FLYING from the shade while sitting in the Coleman lawn chair!!

Shade is one of those things you NEED in Vegas - and you have to bring it with you!! LOL!!

Hillbille
Sep 25, 2010, 10:23 AM
another MONSTER ?
Thread OP
Shade/sun?...Barstow/Vegas?

What's the diff Bill?
Sep 25, 2010, 12:09 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
I'll be there. I'll work on planes all week, so not sure what I'll bring just yet. I'd love to bring my big Kelly racer, but I don't think I can get it back on that runway and if I did, it would surely run off the end.

Steve C
Sep 25, 2010, 04:18 PM
AMA 884978/KK6NKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Six Right
Shade/sun?...Barstow/Vegas?

What's the diff Bill?

None at all really except there is a LOT less wind in Vegas!! But shade is sparse!!

Looks like I may be able to head that way Thursday afternoon and spend the night and be at the field bright and early Friday morning!! See you guys there!

Hillbille
Sep 26, 2010, 02:59 AM
another MONSTER ?
Thread OP
I just found out there's already (besides in the "events" section) another thread for this event in the Pusher Prop section, check it out, if you already haven't.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1295138&page=3
Sep 26, 2010, 03:32 AM
Classic jets rule
Falcon 120 in one piece now ..man that is a big plane
Sep 26, 2010, 03:45 AM
another MONSTER ?
Thread OP
Well it's about time ya get her airworthy again. Was that from back at Buttonwillow?
Sep 26, 2010, 02:00 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
this is a all new one....last one burnt to a crisp!
Sep 26, 2010, 02:03 PM
Classic jets rule
looks like it's going to be a work out for our lipos ..high 90's for temps
Sep 26, 2010, 02:35 PM
We would love to go, but that is the same weekend as FEAR and that event will be held at Speedworld! We just can't miss any event that is held at that facility - it is incredible!
Sep 26, 2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
looks like it's going to be a work out for our lipos ..high 90's for temps
Yeah. Weather.com said 102 on Thurs down to 97 on Sun. We like it hot! Too bad the lipos don't.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017

Quick Reply