Sep 24, 2010, 07:55 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Help! How to put the Radical RC Edge 540 together?????

I just recently bought one of these planes and of course, no instructions. Does anyone have instructions on putting this together? I emailed radical rc and they said they have no instructions and have no idea where to find them! He said "they should be in the box on a cd" Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2010, 09:24 AM
Wow, that is a blast from the past! That kit must be at least 8 years old. Did you speak specifically with Dave Thacker at Radical? He should be able to come up with something. It is a dead-simple build, aside from pre-loading the carbon ribbon on the top and bottom of the wing. If you do find instructions, then they will cover building a scratch gearbox for the brushed 370 motor and installing the 8-cell nicad power pack! It will be a flying antique.
Sep 24, 2010, 11:21 AM
Thread OP
Yeah, It is a very old kit indeed. So old that there isnt any info on it. I spoke to him directly through email and this is what he said:

The instructions should be in the kit. I think we did that one on a CD? I no longer have any copies. It's been 5 or 6 years since we made that product.

Dave

Wow, big help he was. Anyways, I have been searching and I only came up with 7 full pages full of people asking abouut it and conversating on it on here. No build photos or instructions. A little bit of info about the wing loading but I didnt much understand it. Anyone have this CD that Dave was talking about?
Sep 27, 2010, 11:46 AM
Why not email him back and explain that you didnt receive a CD?
Sep 28, 2010, 05:30 AM
Because he doesn't have any copies.
Sep 28, 2010, 09:17 PM
eat, sleep, play, work?

dreamer

this is what i dug up, but i'm not a member so could'nt get to deep.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...fm?kit_id=1300
Sep 29, 2010, 04:26 PM
I cant imagine Dave hanging you out to dry with no way of reasonably assembling the plane. Do you feel confident trying it with the directions?
Sep 29, 2010, 04:29 PM
It doesnt look super complicated. Might I suggest a build thread? Start the build and solicit advice, Im sure there are enough competent people here that would help. Just a suggestion.

Dan
Sep 30, 2010, 05:53 PM
Thread OP
Thanks , the original owner whom I bought it from emailed me the original cd. Thanks though

Quick Reply