AXON - 3D/Pattern......

Axon - 3D/Pattern.....?

Wing Span: 28"
Wing Area: 224 sq.in.
Length: 28"
Motor: Brushless
Propeller: ?
Radio Channels: 4
Weight - as seen in photos (less motor), 76 grams (2.7oz)

David
www.cl-i-max.com
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2003, 01:28 PM
Jul 05, 2003, 01:50 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Dang, you're really cranking them out! First the Wasp-maX, now this! Looks really nice. I'm guessing it'll make a better pattern flyer than 3D because of the limited side area of the fuse and size of the tail feathers (IE, not HUGE ). I love the shape of the fuse, very sleek looking. Nice work! Are you going to put this one into production or are you just testing it out?
Jul 05, 2003, 02:37 PM
Tee Sqaured
Very nice but....

I think the motor needs a cowl

Thomas
Jul 05, 2003, 02:39 PM
Leave me alone!
I quite like the look! I can picture a nice loooooong bubble canopy on there and a sleek black/yellow lightning bolt pattern.

Martin
Jul 05, 2003, 02:47 PM
Tee Sqaured
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer
I quite like the look! I can picture a nice loooooong bubble canopy on there and a sleek black/yellow lightning bolt pattern.

Martin

*drool*

Thomas
Jul 05, 2003, 02:47 PM
Suggestion:

If you want it to be a pattern ship it probably needs more side area. Otherwise, it looks good .

Paul
Jul 06, 2003, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tres Wright
Dang, you're really cranking them out! First the Wasp-maX, now this! Looks really nice. I'm guessing it'll make a better pattern flyer than 3D because of the limited side area of the fuse and size of the tail feathers (IE, not HUGE ). I love the shape of the fuse, very sleek looking. Nice work! Are you going to put this one into production or are you just testing it out?

Tres, you forgot the Machete!....
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hlight=machete

I'm not really sure how to classify it. I guess ounce it's flown I'll know better...

I'm just testing it now. The plan would be to kit it of course ounce the design is finalized. May cut a few soon and spread them around.

D
Jul 06, 2003, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by theflyman2
Very nice but....
I think the motor needs a cowl
Thomas
Possibly, but there's something appealing about a sleek machine with a raw element too it. Like the old muscle cars with the engine sticking out of the hood.....
...and it's just better cooling for the motor........
D
Jul 06, 2003, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer
I quite like the look! I can picture a nice loooooong bubble canopy on there.

Martin

Yeah!.....just what I was thinking as well. There is a lot of nice space on top for people to play with and customize. Should bring some interesting variations I think...

D
Jul 08, 2003, 01:38 PM
WORK!
How about a compromise: keep the rather large tail feathers and control surfaces and add a pattern like dual tapered main wing.
Howard
Jul 08, 2003, 02:17 PM
Aerial Shutterbug
Hi David,

Neat design! With the low profile design and the light airframe this plane is beggin for an IPSD drive system buried in the nose section!

Power it with a 2S ETec 700 pack and maybe an APC 10x7SF prop, should be a blast!

Roger
Jul 08, 2003, 02:20 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
==Tres, you forgot the Machete!....==

Good grief, I never knew you announced it! I need to post in that thread since I have one!

==but there's something appealing about a sleek machine with a raw element too it. Like the old muscle cars with the engine sticking out of the hood.....==

I agree, I like the look of the motor sticking out like that. It would looks especially sweet with the polished aluminum 010 in that gearbox against black covering. Might be a good test bed for a 10t 010.
Jul 08, 2003, 02:33 PM
Forgot how to fly
Quote:
Originally posted by Tres Wright
[BMight be a good test bed for a 10t 010. [/B]
And who better to test bed it than the man who has more than you can shake a stick at

Mike
www.atlantaeflyers.com
Jul 08, 2003, 03:06 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Cowl.. Schmowl... Too much fiddly for me.. I like to strap them up and gooo!

Looking good! Man, all these kits... lots of good looking stuff on the market these days!