This thread is privately moderated by KellenR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 22, 2010, 01:05 AM
Trader Rating: 11
Use more rudder.
Sold

Make Offer:: E-Flite Ascent BL450 Brushless Slope Glider PnP - $165 OBO !!!

Retails: $254.99

I'm selling it for $165.00 OBO (+shipping, serious offers only please)

I just bought this thing yesterday and spent 4 hours assembling it and flew it 1 time for its maiden flight today. It's an awesome glider with a TON of power, this thing can scream straight up into the clouds if you want it to. It never slows down, just keeps increasing speed as it climbs; it's so light and the motor is so strong. It flies inverted really well too and powers through inverted loops, ...and its only a 3CH (elevator, rudder, throttle).

All of this power yet its light and weightless for thermal gliding. It soars, floats and lifts like crazy and will stay up in the air for as long as you can keep riding a thermal or wind current. It's nice to have the security of throttling up if you get in trouble or the wind dies down. Some people only use the power for the initial climb then stay in the sky for 30mins just riding thermals, others enjoy blasting through the sky with the throttle on the whole time. It's all your preference. It's perfect for a beginner who lacks soaring experience and needs a motor to get the plane up or back safely. The experienced sloper can keep this in their fleet for calm days when you otherwise wouldn't be able to fly, or you can fly this Ascent in the morning before the winds pick up enough for the slope plane to come out. Put it this way... you're flying while everyone else is sitting and waiting for the wind to pick up.

This plane comes completely assembled and ready to go in a Plug-N-Play package, just add your own Receiver/Transmitter & 1500mAh 3s LiPo battery (1000mAh-1800mAh). This PnP Kit retails for $235 at any local shop. If you find it on sale its about $190+tax. The assembly is a real pain on this thing too, it seems easy but its not, it took me nearly 5hrs and I've assembled many planes.

This plane is 99% brand new, I flew it one flight after assembly. I'll give you the original purchase receipt though (dated 9/20/10) so if you want to do any warranty stuff you can.

WILL SHIP OR LOCAL PICKUP IS PREFERRED. (Shipping additional charge. PM me with Zip code for shipping quote).

E-Flite Ascent 450 Homepage: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL2700
Video from E-Flite:
Ascent 450 Brushless PNP by E-flite (1 min 11 sec)

Ascent 450 Brushless PNP
Key Features:

* Plug-N-Play® version of the original Ascent™ ARF
* Brushless 450 outrunner motor, 890Kv
* Includes two preinstalled 9-gram sub-micro servos
* Includes 22A brushless ESC
* Prehinged control surfaces with control horns installed
* High-performance 11x6 folding propeller
* Prepainted fiberglass fuselage
* Built-up balsa wings and tail
* Bolt-on wing with 54-inch wingspan

Overview

"E-flite presents a Plug-N-Play® version of its popular Ascent™ EP ARF. The new Ascent BL 450 PNP comes out of the box 95% prebuilt with a perfectly matched 450 brushless outrunner motor already installed. Great for experienced park or slow flyer pilots who want to test their skills with gliders, the fiberglass/balsa Ascent BL 450 PNP comes with almost everything needed for quick flying, except a transmitter, receiver, battery, and charger.

The Ascent’s quality finish and construction includes a prepainted fiberglass fuselage and built-up balsa tail and wings. The innovative folding prop eliminates drag and improves aerodynamics, and its bright, easy-to-see UltraCote Lite covering ensures in-flight visibility. Just install the tail surfaces, bolt-on wing, add your favorite receiver, battery, charger and radio and you’re ready to fly."
Last edited by KellenR; Oct 11, 2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Description Updated
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2010, 10:49 AM
Use more rudder.
...added more pics.
Sep 24, 2010, 06:13 PM
Use more rudder.
bump
Sep 26, 2010, 03:46 AM
Use more rudder.
Actually on second thought I'd be willing to ship this. The wings can come off with a set-bold on each side, one side just needs to have the nut reinserted on the inside which I have. PM me for shipping costs. Thanks.
Sep 27, 2010, 05:57 PM
Use more rudder.
I'd consider a trade also, or $$ and trade. I'm looking for an Ultimate Biplane or Pitts, like the E-Flite 20-300, balsa only, no foam, and no NitroPlanes-esque stuff
Sep 28, 2010, 05:26 PM
Use more rudder.
Price Drop = $150 now.
Sep 29, 2010, 06:28 PM
Trader Rating: 0
thinking about it...........I'm in Long Beach so could we arrange to meet up?
Sep 29, 2010, 06:31 PM
Use more rudder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archcsr
thinking about it...........I'm in Long Beach so could we arrange to meet up?
Yeah of course. I'm only about 30min south of you, Orange County. I'll PM you.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:11 PM
Use more rudder.
STILL FOR SALE!
Oct 10, 2010, 02:31 AM
Use more rudder.
Bump. Still available, don't be shy, make an offer.
Oct 11, 2010, 04:46 PM
Use more rudder.
sold.