Oct 09, 2010, 12:42 AM
Some good progress on the elevators. It looks like the scale hinging will work out quite slick. The CF hinge pin will not be permanently fixed until after the model is covered and painted. At that point, the pin will be inserted through a hole in the elevator tip and through the aluminum tube bearing and the ply hinge support arm thingees. Then a small patch to cover the hole in the tip and a bit of touch up paint, and it will be good to go. Tomorrow I hope to fix the tubes in place. But I'm short one length of aluminum tubing, so must go find or order one.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2010, 01:56 AM
That's awesome!
Latest blog entry: Crash Compilation
Oct 09, 2010, 11:04 AM
What? Awesome that I ran out of construction material and must now stop? You 3D helicopter flying guy, you. Fingers crossed that Flite Supply has some. I'm going to head out there later in the afternoon.
Oct 09, 2010, 12:30 PM
I was there last night, looked like they had a selection. Picking up bits for the T-33.
Latest blog entry: Crash Compilation
Oct 10, 2010, 12:47 AM
Hey, this is actually going to work! The hinge is totally slop free and seems as strong as can be. At first I wasn't too sure this would be worth it, but this definitely adds to the scale "Wow Factor".
Oct 10, 2010, 02:37 AM
Balsa Lover
Very cool!
Oct 10, 2010, 08:35 AM
Jungmeister 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky
Hey, this is actually going to work! The hinge is totally slop free and seems as strong as can be. At first I wasn't too sure this would be worth it, but this definitely adds to the scale "Wow Factor".
Looking great!!

Gerry.
Oct 10, 2010, 09:50 AM
Looks really great.

I would make sure I have dual rates on for takeoff just in case they are much more effective than you expect. I think they will react pretty normally since there are no reports that the Jungmeister was hard to fly, but it pays to be safe. Murphy is always watching for his chance!

Once again, LOOKS GREAT.

Pete
Oct 10, 2010, 09:58 AM
That elevator detail is very slick, and the construction quality is very impressive, almost too pretty to cover .

D-Rock
Oct 10, 2010, 10:53 AM
Will you make any plans, or maybe a kit of some kind available?
Last edited by youngun; Oct 10, 2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: (sorry - got a bit carried away)
Oct 10, 2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug
Looks really great.
I would make sure I have dual rates on for takeoff just in case they are much more effective than you expect.
Pete
Thanks Pete. Yes, I always set up some very conservative dual rates, just in case. I always program in a good amount of expo. too, just to keep things soft around the middle in case I find I have a tiger by the tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngun
Will you make any plans, or maybe a kit of some kind available?
No, not likely! The vast majority of the construction is based on a set of plans drawn by somebody else, so I can't really re-sell them. I got the plans here, as well as the cowl.
Oct 11, 2010, 04:21 PM
A few photos with the tail group in place. Time for turkey now! (Canadian Thanksgiving today).
Oct 15, 2010, 12:01 AM
Onward and Upward
Looks very nice, Von J,

Randy
Oct 15, 2010, 11:12 AM
Have you finished the turkey yet? I'm waiting for the next instalment

Mike
Oct 15, 2010, 12:03 PM
Yes, the turkey was great! I'm hoping to start the wing in a week or two. I'm also working on a tiny little Fokker D.VIII for indoor flying which has started up at our local gym, so I' like to keep moving on that; shouldn't take long. The Jungmeister doesn't need to fly until April some time, so I'm not in a huge rush.

I have found myself in a bit of a quandary now. I have chosen YR-PAX as a colour scheme, but it is of course one of the only two Bu-133B built, and there are slight differences between it an the C model. Mainly the headrest. So I may need to make some changes on the fuselage.

Quick Reply