Sep 19, 2010, 11:57 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Long range UHF compatibility question

Hi all

I am a new pilot. Currently flying zagi and Ritewings. I intend to move up to EDF large models and maybe turbines. I am going to invest in a new radio that will hopefully last me years to come. Question is :

If I want to get into FPV in the future and I wish to use a long range UHF product, can I go ahead and buy my radio of choice knowing that i'll be able to integrate a UHF system like dragon or Scherrer's? I want to buy the mode 2 Futaba 10CHG 2.4 radio....... Is this compatible?

Many thanks

Darren
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2010, 12:00 AM
Hi Darren,

Yes - I think the 10CHP has been tried and works. You may want to consider the Multiplex Royal Pro 12/16 if you can get your hands on it. It's a very capable radio, seems cheap (for a 16-channel) and has some very neat features and lots of switches.

Daniel
Sep 20, 2010, 01:23 AM
Just know that the 10C only outputs 8 ch in ppm-mode.

Megafluffy
Sep 20, 2010, 04:35 PM
Thread OP
Daniel,

Thanks for the fast reply. I think i'll go ahead and get the 10CHG. I have seen the video of your product being installed into a radio and it looks very quick and easy. I also like the large difference in price now that you have reduced your prices. I will be ordering Dragon in the near future.

With regard to Megafluffy's answer, I am new to this and need a confirmation.... Is PPM mode where the radio outputs the signal for transmitting to the model via the module on the back? I cant really see the need for more than 8 channels even if I am flying a falcon 120 EDF or something like that....?

second question, have you heard of anyone using your UHF system on the turnigy 9x ( cheap 9 channel from hobbyking ) ?? It may be that I can save a huge amount by just getting this radio instead.. I just worreid about compatibility with your UHF system...?

Thanks guys
Sep 20, 2010, 05:14 PM
I think I will buy a 10C myself.

I just burnt up my 6EXG... OMG
Sep 20, 2010, 05:31 PM
wingsuitdude,

Yes, there is a thread for they Turnigy 9X. I heard, though, that the UHF signal can affect the Turnigy's display but other than that, it seems to be compatible.

Daniel

Quick Reply