Jan 24, 2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow
Was flying inside a gym, 12-15meters high, when flying FPV I hit the roof and everything stopped..
I hit the floor after falling 10-12meters free fall with no motor.
And can you believe it, only ONE arm was bended tiny bit !

nothing else damage to the frame !
This is a sick high quality frame. Thank you !
Some photo / video? Thanks for your opinion

Jakub
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2011, 12:02 PM
Jakub you need to make a foldable Y6
Jan 24, 2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capy-Norway
I'll do this probably

But first I must increase productivity - I'm waiting for bigger,
faster, more acurate CNC router...

J.
Jan 29, 2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J
Yes, I'm thinking about many new constructions for AV/AP too.
Don't know when and how much. Stay tuned

Jakub
any news on the octo front ?

looking for octo, foldable, that can lift 2kg of payload (total 5kg), with DSLR camera mount

and if you make one of those I will not be the only one interested, there is now low cost option for the above on the market now
Jan 29, 2011, 10:51 PM
My Karma ran over my Dogma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capy-Norway
Seconded!
Jan 31, 2011, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainphoto

looking for octo, foldable, that can lift 2kg of payload (total 5kg), with DSLR camera mount

and if you make one of those I will not be the only one interested, there is now low cost option for the above on the market now
I'm thinking now about obcto, but not-foldable.
Should be avialable in 2-3 weeks.

Ps. Can you join to this swarms? Thanks

1300kv motors:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...n=117107#swarm

and 8" props:
https://www.hobbyking.com/SwarmSale.asp?id=117268

I'm thinking about line of lighter frames dedicated to this motors
from quad do octo

J.
Last edited by Jakub J; Jan 31, 2011 at 03:24 AM.
Jan 31, 2011, 03:21 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainphoto

I would probably buy one of these
Feb 05, 2011, 06:44 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J
I'm thinking now about obcto, but not-foldable.
Should be avialable in 2-3 weeks.

Ps. Can you join to this swarms? Thanks

1300kv motors:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...n=117107#swarm

and 8" props:
https://www.hobbyking.com/SwarmSale.asp?id=117268

I'm thinking about line of lighter frames dedicated to this motors
from quad do octo

J.
i have used these motors on plenty quads for couple years and im starting to be disappointed as i have been testing other motors, first thing for every 4 you get expect 2 with bad bearings,( specially within a couple flights OIL THEM FIRST ) secondly there isnt much torque at all. 3 such a high profile for mounting, accept the way i mounted them ( pics included)
Feb 05, 2011, 11:43 AM
Tinkerer
Sorry for cross-posting, but maybe this is a better thread for this question:

Can anybody please post a pic of a one of Jakub's small tricopters in its finished state?
Just assembling mine now and I think I'm missing some stand-offs for the deck that the controller sits upon. I figure it's not worth asking Jakub for them but if I could see a finished tri then I can find something suitable - I'm thinking I may not even need that deck anyway!

Also, the small tri doesn't have a power distribution board - are you all just soldering the +ves and _ves together on the ESCs and attaching one power connector to it all?
Feb 06, 2011, 06:08 PM
1400 watt RW Zephyr

yep on mine I just soldered the reds together and the blacks together, onto a lead with a single wire for red and black going to the plug
Feb 07, 2011, 03:17 AM
Tinkerer
Thanks - did you have anything that needed to go in that thin level between the third and fourth plates? Mine is missing the short spacers so I was thinking just to skip plate three and mount the fourth one (the one on which the controller board goes) directly on top of the arms. Does the controller board *need* to be that little bit higher up?
Feb 07, 2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackingPlums
Thanks - did you have anything that needed to go in that thin level between the third and fourth plates? Mine is missing the short spacers so I was thinking just to skip plate three and mount the fourth one (the one on which the controller board goes) directly on top of the arms. Does the controller board *need* to be that little bit higher up?
No, you can omit this plate if you want.

J.
Feb 07, 2011, 12:21 PM
Tinkerer
Excellent! Thanks Jakub!
Feb 07, 2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
i have used these motors on plenty quads for couple years and im starting to be disappointed as i have been testing other motors, first thing for every 4 you get expect 2 with bad bearings,( specially within a couple flights OIL THEM FIRST ) secondly there isnt much torque at all. 3 such a high profile for mounting, accept the way i mounted them ( pics included)
I know that this motors arn't "best of the best" but are
much lighter that Emax 2822 and have little better eficiency.

Quad can be <> 100g lighter with the same thrust...

I'll try to make lighter quad using this motors, waiting
for 7g motors for my "monster" quad ;-)

J.
Feb 08, 2011, 12:45 AM
1400 watt RW Zephyr
no jakub, go for the turnigy 2350 range, 24 grams and much, much better than what you have selected

Quick Reply