Thread Tools
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:12 PM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
Discussion

Radian Pro, rumours, leaks and new info!


So theres been many things about the new radian pro being shown and said, couldn't find a thread for it, so thought i'd start one

A few leaked pics here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/53940254@N03/4991517919/



This is obviousl new addition is the ailerons, but what elese could be added/changed as well? Hotter motor?

I know for sure i will buy one of these!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:11 PM
lightspeeddud is offline
Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Up Up and Away!
lightspeeddud's Avatar
oh man you beat me to it

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1308946

do you want me to close down my thread or vice versa? your call
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:17 PM
JimNM is offline
Find More Posts by JimNM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
JimNM's Avatar
Ooooh, nice . I see flaps as well as ailerons, so butterfly aka crow will be an option.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:18 PM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
I have more posts in mine But if you wanna, let it see which gets taken to first.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:19 PM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM View Post
Ooooh, nice . I see flaps as well as ailerons, so butterfly aka crow will be an option.
I thought that as well, but is it just when they're showing the whole wing assembly together?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:29 PM
JimNM is offline
Find More Posts by JimNM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
JimNM's Avatar
Picture P1012509 clearly shows inboard and outboard control horns. I may have to get one of these

Picture P1012506 also shows control horns and servos attached to both surfaces.

Man, now I know I need one of these.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:33 PM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM View Post
Picture P1012509 clearly shows inboard and outboard control horns. I may have to get one of these

Picture P1012506 also shows control horns and servos attached to both surfaces.

Man, now I know I need one of these.
I looked back over and so it does! I really need one of these. Can anyone confirm the pictures of the box aren't just from the originial radian? it has that stats which i will post up tomorrow on the OP
Old Sep 16, 2010, 09:32 PM
lightspeeddud is offline
Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Up Up and Away!
lightspeeddud's Avatar
looks like Im winning but well see-no race just saying
Old Sep 17, 2010, 03:30 PM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
Anybody found any more info on this?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:34 PM
bwanajim is offline
Find More Posts by bwanajim
Circles in Lift
bwanajim's Avatar
What's the point of a full house Radian of it's not going to be any bigger? It needs to be as light as possible and all those extra servos just pile on the weight. I think full house starts to make sense for this plane at maybe 100".
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:35 PM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
Becuase people wanted flaps and ailerons. They have most likely saved weight else where so don't worry, i bet it will fly just as good, if not better than the original.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:52 PM
bwanajim is offline
Find More Posts by bwanajim
Circles in Lift
bwanajim's Avatar
Still doesn't make sense to me. It'll be heavier for sure.

I've been drumming up support for a series of one-design Radian F5J LMR contests in our club next year. Informal response has been strong. I think we could see around 10 planes show up for the first contest and more once others figure out how much fun it will be.

My first thought when I saw this thread was whether or not to allow the full house Radian in the class, since my initial assumption was that it would have a larger span. But now that I see it's still 2m, I plan to allow them, since I don't think the flaps and ailerons will yield any benefit to contestants.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 05:26 PM
Frede2 is offline
Find More Posts by Frede2
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
What's the point of a full house Radian of it's not going to be any bigger? It needs to be as light as possible and all those extra servos just pile on the weight. I think full house starts to make sense for this plane at maybe 100".
I agree with the weight problem on a thermal glider, but it seems many flyers want performance not available with the stock setup.

As stated somewhere in some thread, at 100" the thin Radian wing would flex too much with the foam used.

Wing loading is King - Phil
Last edited by Frede2; Sep 22, 2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 07:46 AM
Tim Jonas is online now
Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Mr Mootsie
Tim Jonas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
Still doesn't make sense to me. It'll be heavier for sure.

I've been drumming up support for a series of one-design Radian F5J LMR contests in our club next year. Informal response has been strong. I think we could see around 10 planes show up for the first contest and more once others figure out how much fun it will be.

My first thought when I saw this thread was whether or not to allow the full house Radian in the class, since my initial assumption was that it would have a larger span. But now that I see it's still 2m, I plan to allow them, since I don't think the flaps and ailerons will yield any benefit to contestants.
Jim Laurel....been 32 years since I've seen you, homes! I haven't changed flying habits much... Flying an Aquila in the local field. I have some 3D stuff and an AXI driven BoT. Glad to see you're passing along the curse to the next generation. Nick (yeah...Nick Jonas...like he doesn't catch much grief) is learning to fly.

Stand by for email.

cheers,
Tim
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:26 AM
deuce66 is offline
Find More Posts by deuce66
Registered User
deuce66's Avatar
It's official... its on www.horizonhobby.com
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ5475 PNP version, looks pretty sweet, due late November

Cheers
Last edited by deuce66; Sep 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: direct links


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Ava pro (127) & ava-e flapped with motor NEW INFO REASONABLE OFFER'S Wylie Shaw Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 5 Sep 10, 2010 07:39 PM
Help! fuel leaks n leaks Joomonkey Racing Boats - Internal Combustion 2 May 12, 2008 12:58 AM
Discussion Rumours of a new heli : "Logo 500" jameotron Electric Heli Talk 45 Feb 02, 2007 05:54 PM
Help! Brand new TT FM1e Rear Shock Leaks DaFoo Motorcycles 17 Jan 02, 2005 01:04 AM
Slight Problem with "New" Canadian Submarine - It Leaks Tim Jonas Life, The Universe, and Politics 12 Mar 25, 2002 01:21 PM