Sep 16, 2010, 09:06 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Android app for calculating Roll Out and Final Drvie Ratios

Just wanted to let a few folks know about a new android app I just placed on the Android Market. It is named "Gears!". It is a simple rollout and final drive calculator.

It is version 1.3.1. It is a free app right now, so try it out and let me know what you think. You can post here for any questions or problems you might have.

I hope it is self-explanatory, but if not, here is a quick start...

When app first opens, you need to enter your cars Internal Drive Ratio. For pan cars/direct drive axles, you would enter 1.0. For all other cars enter the correct value, like 1.83 for a Losi JRX-S Type R touring car...

Next pick your tire type, foam or rubber. This determines if you are gonna calculate Roll Out or Final Drive Ratio. For Foam it will use tire diameter to calculate a Roll Out value. For Rubber, it will calculate Final Drive Ratio.

Next, you must enter values for all but 1 of the remaining fields. Then hit the calculate button. If you left a field blank, then that field will be calculated. If you have values in all the fields, then the Final Drive Ratio or Roll Out will be recalculated based upon the other values.

That is it. Nothing to fancy, but useful (at least to me). I am interested in fixing any errors you might find, and adding other features in the future, so feel free to post anything here (be nice ).
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2010, 12:14 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
I will have to take a look at this when I have time. I use one that has alot of the popular rcs pre-set into it.
Sep 16, 2010, 07:22 PM
rc racer
Nice I will check it out too.
Sep 18, 2010, 01:23 PM
Under Warranty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfisher
I will have to take a look at this when I have time. I use one that has alot of the popular rcs pre-set into it.

Could you name that app please? Thank you sir!
Sep 19, 2010, 08:37 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Check this one out, Has a few different calculators like top speed etc.

http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_lipo.html
Oct 19, 2010, 03:18 PM
Thread OP
Just wanted to introduce the next version of a new app I just placed on the AndroidMarket. It is named "RC Gears". It is a simple rollout and final drive calculator.

It is version 2.0 and now costs $0.99. The original version was named "Gears!". I renamed this version because of name clashes with a toolkit that Google used to develop by the same name. RC Gears is more appropriate for this app anyway. I have added the ability to store up to 5 sets of calculations by model name. This makes it easier to use when racing multiple cars on the same day.

You can post here for any questions or problems you might have.

I hope it is self-explanatory, but if not, here is a quick start...

When app first opens, you can type in a model name for the first page of settings you will define.

Next you need to enter your cars Internal Drive Ratio. For pan cars/direct drive axles, you would enter 1.0. For all other cars enter the correct value, like 1.83 for a Losi JRX-S Type R touring car...

Next pick you tire type, foam or rubber. This determines if you are gonna calculate Roll Out or Final Drive Ratio. For Foam it will use tire diameter to calculate a Roll Out value. For Rubber, it will calculate Final Drive Ratio.

Next, you must enter values for all but 1 of the remaining fields. Then hit the calculate button. If you left a field blank, then that field will be calculated. If you have values in all the fields, then the Final Drive Ratio or Roll Out will be recalculated based upon the other values.

Next to the Calculate button are two arrow buttons. They allow you to quickly navigate to the other pages for storage. You settings are remembered as you leave one page and go to another. This version will allow 5 different models to be stored.

That is it.

I am interested in fixing any errors you might find, and adding other features in the future, so feel free to post anything here (be nice ).

:tire::tire::tire:

Quick Reply