Thread Tools
Jan 17, 2011, 02:07 PM
Airplane Dope
AddictedToRC's Avatar
Well, I was thinking that if the 2 gram motor doesn't put out enough power, I could expand. Also, I don't have any experience wiring, and I don't know where to get anything.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2011, 03:37 PM
Registered User
ggcrandall1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanekid
Well, I was thinking that if the 2 gram motor doesn't put out enough power, I could expand. Also, I don't have any experience wiring, and I don't know where to get anything.
Well I guess you do what the rest of us do:
1. Read the forums for sources
2. Forum to big? Then do a search or searches.
3. Search all the online hobby shops.
4. Finally if necessary ask for help.

If all the above fails make it yourself.

Seriously, the answer is probably somewhere in one of the forums. But there are so many of them, multiples on the same subject, you really need to do a bit of research to find your answer.

Glen
Jan 17, 2011, 04:19 PM
Airplane Dope
AddictedToRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1
Well I guess you do what the rest of us do:
1. Read the forums for sources
2. Forum to big? Then do a search or searches.
3. Search all the online hobby shops.
4. Finally if necessary ask for help.

If all the above fails make it yourself.

Seriously, the answer is probably somewhere in one of the forums. But there are so many of them, multiples on the same subject, you really need to do a bit of research to find your answer.

Glen
Yeah, I guess so....but there are no forums of UM T-28 Brushless, but probably, or definitely there are 1s brushless related threads. Thanks, I'll do a lot more of that LOL
Jan 19, 2011, 09:35 AM
Registered User
There is a massive amount of info around for the UM sukhoi brushless conversion. The trojan would be no different, maybe easier due to the extra room in the fuse. I ordered parts from hobby king and modded my sukhoi in a few hours. Super fast 2s ... outside only! I also installed a second servo in the fuse of my trojan for the ailerons so i could have a dual aileron/flap setup (also info from sukhoi threads). Found it to be time consuming and not very rewarding as the flaps only offset the extra weight. the trojan was already heavy from repairs though...Plane was scrapped and parts used for a 5ch Hobbyzone Champ. Now that absolutely floats with flaps. :-)
Jan 19, 2011, 10:22 AM
Honey, I got more planes!
ghee-grose's Avatar
My review of the stock T-28....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1318281
Jan 19, 2011, 11:00 AM
Airplane Dope
AddictedToRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by herostratus
There is a massive amount of info around for the UM sukhoi brushless conversion. The trojan would be no different, maybe easier due to the extra room in the fuse. I ordered parts from hobby king and modded my sukhoi in a few hours. Super fast 2s ... outside only! I also installed a second servo in the fuse of my trojan for the ailerons so i could have a dual aileron/flap setup (also info from sukhoi threads). Found it to be time consuming and not very rewarding as the flaps only offset the extra weight. the trojan was already heavy from repairs though...Plane was scrapped and parts used for a 5ch Hobbyzone Champ. Now that absolutely floats with flaps. :-)
Cool! I'm gonna scrap my T-28 when it dies and put the stuff on a scratchbuild Cessna I already built with flaps
Jan 19, 2011, 11:16 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanekid
Cool! I'm gonna scrap my T-28 when it dies and put the stuff on a scratchbuild Cessna I already built with flaps
We need picts. of the cessna
Jan 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
Airplane Dope
AddictedToRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydboy
We need picts. of the cessna
Sure! It's not too good though, but has flaps. I built it last night in a couple hours.
Jan 19, 2011, 03:04 PM
Registered User
Looks good. I wish I had that kind of creativity !
Jan 19, 2011, 03:29 PM
Airplane Dope
AddictedToRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydboy
Looks good. I wish I had that kind of creativity !
Thans, lol yeah wish you had it too.
Jan 21, 2011, 04:28 AM
Registered User
edak's Avatar
I look forward to seeing the T-28 brushless conversions. Bring them on!

Are you sure that ESC mentioned recently would be too big if it had the HS and extra wire removed? It would drop down to about 1g.


EDIT: I would still go for one of the 3A ESC's from HK instead just because the reviews of the 5A say that it's a piece of crap.
Jan 21, 2011, 07:57 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
I have to say flying mine with a heavier vs lighter battery, a brushless with more power would certainly be cool, but weighting it down a bit would make it a somewhat different plane.

Dave
Jan 21, 2011, 09:57 AM
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
What's the "best" battery for the T-28?

I have heard the Hyperions are great. What about the size?
Does Hobbyking have anything comparable or even close to them?
Jan 21, 2011, 10:15 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie
What's the "best" battery for the T-28?

I have heard the Hyperions are great. What about the size?
Does Hobbyking have anything comparable or even close to them?
What kind of flying do you want to do?

If you want to maximize slow-speed and/or aerobatics, you want the lightest battery that will fly for the flight-length you'd like to achieve.

If longest flight is what you want, you want the highest capacity batt that you can tolerate regarding weight and change in handling.

The hyperion 160 is a good middle-of-the-road choice, but needs to be mounted as far forward as possible (in my plane, anyway).

Dave

Dave
Jan 21, 2011, 10:20 AM
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave
What kind of flying do you want to do?

If you want to maximize slow-speed and/or aerobatics, you want the lightest battery that will fly for the flight-length you'd like to achieve.

If longest flight is what you want, you want the highest capacity batt that you can tolerate regarding weight and change in handling.

The hyperion 160 is a good middle-of-the-road choice, but needs to be mounted as far forward as possible (in my plane, anyway).

Dave

Dave
Thanks Dave, I will probably get a few of these but was also looking at the Turnigy Nano-techs.

What's the deal with the Turningy Nano-techs??


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!! RM_Sparks Micro Ready-to-Fly 10863 Jun 23, 2017 03:15 PM
Discussion Parkzone Ultra Micro T-28 Trojan tonebone Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 206 Jun 16, 2011 09:17 PM
Discussion Micro T-28 owners and mods thread! Bowerz Micro Ready-to-Fly 22 Nov 13, 2010 05:48 PM
Alert SOLD For sale Brand new Parkzone MIcro T-28 rudyhal Atlanta Area RC 12 Sep 24, 2010 10:51 AM
Discussion Parkzone T-28 Flaps Mods Question captaintomo Parkflyers 26 Feb 17, 2010 04:25 PM