Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:18 PM
Tealc is offline
Find More Posts by Tealc
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
Someone tried and mentioned the pin was slightly larger than the diameter of the hole on the tamjet struts...
Ya, I knew that. Just wondering if he found a solution.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:33 PM
DamonH is offline
Find More Posts by DamonH
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
Ya, I knew that. Just wondering if he found a solution.
It may be me that you are referring to as I have the em brakes. I havent actually found a solution to either problem. The first was the axle size and the second was the wheel size. Even though they are advertised as 1 3/4' wheels they bind in the wheel well. As far as the axle, it is threaded and too big for the tam struts. The best solution would probably be to turn down the axle by removing the threads and it would probably fit but I kinda gave up on even doing that since the wheels were binding and I didn't want to remove the stock wheel well and make it bigger. Still debating what I am going to do
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:13 AM
houstonderk is offline
Find More Posts by houstonderk
Registered User
I just bought the air ones from tam. Very simple and compact setup.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:02 PM
Tealc is offline
Find More Posts by Tealc
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
It may be me that you are referring to as I have the em brakes. I havent actually found a solution to either problem. The first was the axle size and the second was the wheel size. Even though they are advertised as 1 3/4' wheels they bind in the wheel well. As far as the axle, it is threaded and too big for the tam struts. The best solution would probably be to turn down the axle by removing the threads and it would probably fit but I kinda gave up on even doing that since the wheels were binding and I didn't want to remove the stock wheel well and make it bigger. Still debating what I am going to do
Thanks, for the info. I was hoping these would be a go. I didn't want to deal with air brakes. Todd
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:52 PM
DamonH is offline
Find More Posts by DamonH
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
I'm not really fond of dealing with air brakes either. I want to avoid it if at all possible. Like I said still contemplating..
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:24 AM
Boston Bob is offline
Find More Posts by Boston Bob
Registered User
I have tams brakes, where is the best place to mount the tank?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:11 AM
houstonderk is offline
Find More Posts by houstonderk
Registered User
I have seen pictures of the putting it in body where the wing spars are at, but I was able to fit mine next to the battery tray where I mounted the valve and servo as well.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:28 AM
efflux RC is offline
Find More Posts by efflux RC
efflux RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
I have seen pictures of the putting it in body where the wing spars are at, but I was able to fit mine next to the battery tray where I mounted the valve and servo as well.
Be sure to keep CGing it as you place new components.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:45 AM
efflux RC is offline
Find More Posts by efflux RC
efflux RC's Avatar
I finally got out with a few jets on Friday.

It was a great day with nice temps in the high 70s. We managed to squeeze in some quiet flight time mostly without the nitros, gassers and turbines in the air.
Since I went out to play yesterday, I got the last two Mach 80's done today, and finally got some time to get the first of 3 video's from the basin done.

HABU32 at "The Basin" 2/2/2013 (3 min 35 sec)
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:02 AM
houstonderk is offline
Find More Posts by houstonderk
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Be sure to keep CGing it as you place new components.
The nice thing is the balance between the small tank and the added parts on the tires balance pretty well. Only thing is I flew this morning and one of the hubs flew off after stopping...
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:10 AM
efflux RC is offline
Find More Posts by efflux RC
efflux RC's Avatar
That sucks. Well at least it came off "After" stopping.

We lost the rubber tire off the rim on the Viperjet. just before takeoff.
We thought it was the ventral fin hitting the ground, but realized the tire was already gone we Harry landed it. . The landing was without incident since the alum rim was still there.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:18 AM
houstonderk is offline
Find More Posts by houstonderk
Registered User
Yea, I was happy it came off after it was slowed down as it skidded for about 4 ft and was able to find the rim. It wouldn't be a happy sight to see something like that off the plane after taking off, that is for sure.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:42 AM
Jetnfast is offline
Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
Gary, your habu sounds awesome! What is the AUW with that 10s setup?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:41 PM
capt soap is online now
Find More Posts by capt soap
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
Gary that habu sounds great, how fast?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:12 PM
Jetnfast is offline
Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Gary that habu sounds great, how fast?
Better be faster than little brother Habu 2 at 140 mph!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fiberglass Habu Airframe Calvin_220 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 92 Nov 10, 2012 03:53 AM
Sold New in box Habu EDF PNP flyboy1945 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Aug 01, 2010 09:24 PM
Discussion ESC very HOT - Sorry the discussion is moved to the Habu thread SalamSyed Foamy EDFs 0 Mar 21, 2010 12:15 AM
New Product New Fiberglass EDF Jets!!! Starfire + EDF Trainer nitroplanes Nitro Planes 0 Jan 24, 2009 10:58 AM
Discussion Baja SS Speculation and hopup thread. DaveESPI Large Scale Cars 3 Feb 03, 2008 08:39 PM