Originally Posted by mulicheng
Lol I know why me too.
Why? Can you share with the rest of us?
Dec 07, 2012, 02:22 PM
Proud RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH
Why? Can you share with the rest of us?
Because we both have a quite a bit larger expensive EDF that we don't want to crash. The Habu 32 is good training.
Dec 07, 2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng
Because we both have a quite a bit larger expensive EDF that we don't want to crash. The Habu 32 is good training.
LOL....ok.
Dec 14, 2012, 09:26 PM
I thought I would post pic of my tamjets tailcone/heatsink running an ice lite 100 and the stock motor and fan. My jet has been running great with the standard ice 100 between the ducts, but this past summer I didnt fly it uless it was early morning or evening to keep things cool. Recently I planned on swapping out the regular ice for the lite in the tailcone so it can be flown during even the hottest summer days and I now have the option to run 7s on the stock gear.

There are a few differences with this setup, all which help deal with some Habu issues that most on here face such as cooling and CG. Now with the tailcone mod I can run bigger batts, and also eliminate the 1 oz of lead in the tail to keep things balance. Even then I think my jet flew slightly nose heavy, but over time I got used to it. I still have to fine tune the CG with the new placement of everything but feel it should balance better with the tailcone fairing. Additionally things should run very cool now with the ESC in the tailcone!

I think the one negative to this setup is the battery is much further from the ESC which increases the ripple current to the ESC. To mitigate that I installed two 50v 220uF caps close to the ESC. I did a bench run before the installation with the long wires and my ripple was around 1.37v. After installing the 2 caps, the ripple dropped to .74v! I was very pleased to see that it worked. Its a really easy mod to do and doesnt cost more than $2 in caps.

I hope to get the jet balanced and test flown next weekend, so hopefully I'll report back with some good data. It wont be until next summer though before I test out 7s.
Dec 15, 2012, 04:43 PM
bgettler
Anyone with an 11x able to provide some programming help?
Dec 15, 2012, 05:17 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Hey Bob,
I used the program by 1bwana1 and modified it.

Gary from Efflux modded it even more, I think.

Features on mine are:
- Seperate channels for rudder and steering
-Delayed deployment of 2 stage flaps with crow and down elevator mixed in on landing flaps.
- throws, dorection and expos set for Hitec 5085.

I can PM the file when I get back home early next week or I'm sure Gary will do same.

J
Dec 15, 2012, 05:17 PM
I have mine on an XG11. What do you need?
Dec 15, 2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz
Hey Bob,
I used the program by 1bwana1 and modified it.

Gary from Efflux modded it even more, I think.

Features on mine are:
- Seperate channels for rudder and steering
-Delayed deployment of 2 stage flaps with crow and down elevator mixed in on landing flaps.
- throws, dorection and expos set for Hitec 5085.

I can PM the file when I get back home early next week or I'm sure Gary will do same.

J
Although my Viperjet and few others are flying on my 11X, the Habu that you sent me the file for (161mph Habu ) is still flying on the Futaba 9C with a Spektrum module.
I haven't explored the program for the Habu yet, therefore, I'm unable to offer any assistance for the Habu at this point.

BTW, there's going to be a number of Habu 32s, with the 80mm Mach EDF flying soon. (6s, 8s, 10s) They are once again on "pr eorder" basis, until the next shipment arrives

Las Vegas 2012 Habu 32 demo (4 min 30 sec)

Ali Demos our 160 mph Habu 32 (4 min 18 sec)
Last edited by efflux RC; Dec 15, 2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: added text and video
Dec 16, 2012, 04:50 AM
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
When do you expect them in again?
Dec 16, 2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeDogg
When do you expect them in again?
Hi SmokeDogg,

Due to the upcoming holidays, it's going to be about 6 weeks before the next small batch arrives. I suggest preordering, to be sure you get the next available one. The last batch that came in, went straight out, or was assembled and shipped for existing orders.

My 10s setup is faster than P-20 turbine power. (At least that's what Ali say's )

Gary
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Dec 16, 2012, 06:20 PM
A few folks asked us to make a carbon nose gear door to go with the Carbon Mains doors we will be offering.

Here's the new Habu 32 Carbon Fiber Nose door Kit.

This nose door is a quick easy and inexpensive way to close your nose door, using a bungy pulled closed by the E-Flite retracts, and opened by the strut as it rotates out. This kit works with the E-Flite struts only.

The door is 1mm Carbon fiber. Mirror shiney on one side, rough (for glueing) on the other. It can be left "as is" or sanded and painted (by the customer) to match your paint scheme.

I'll also be offering a door kit with offset hinges, for those who wish to actuate the door with a servo. (for use with Tam's or or other trailing link struts)

I will also do a bungy verson that works with trailing link struts. there will be an additional part required.
Dec 16, 2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC
A few folks asked us to make a carbon nose gear door to go with the Carbon Mains doors we will be offering.

Here's the new Habu 32 Carbon Fiber Nose door Kit.

This nose door is a quick easy and inexpensive way to close your nose door, using a bungy pulled closed by the E-Flite retracts, and opened by the strut as it rotates out. This kit works with the E-Flite struts only.

The door is 1mm Carbon fiber. Mirror shiney on one side, rough (for glueing) on the other. It can be left "as is" or sanded and painted (by the customer) to match your paint scheme.

I'll also be offering a door kit with offset hinges, for those who wish to actuate the door with a servo. (for use with Tam's or or other trailing link struts)

I will also do a bungy verson that works with trailing link struts. there will be an additional part required.
Nice! Any estimate on when the tamjets struts bungy version will be available?
Dec 16, 2012, 06:35 PM
Here's some pics of the door attachment using the stock plastic Habu door.
These doors are on all 5 of the Habu's we've built. (as well as a few composite L-39s and Viperjets)

I'll get the Carbon Fiber door changed out on our 161 mph Habu, and post the pics soon.

The material used for the prototype in the photo, I had on hand.
I need to get more material in here for the production units.

I'll be heading down to San Diego for the birth of our first grandchild at any moments notice for a few days. Although the webstore will remain open, and there will someone to ship (as usual) while we're way, I won't be able to spend much time on this in the next week or so.
Air Sally has laid up the first few sets of mains doors, and they should be here in a few days.

More later.
Thanks, Gary
Dec 16, 2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH
Nice! Any estimate on when the tamjets struts bungy version will be available?
As with my experience closing the nose on the Viper and L-39, with scale struts. "glide bump" on the inside of the door will be required. The size, shape and position of the bump will need to determined with the struts installed.
I need to get some of Tam's struts in here first.

As I mentioned in the post above, I probably won't be able to get to it until next week

I'm not going to mod the Habu mentioned above, but I have another (the 150 mph, Shubie Habu) that I'll use for that.

Quick Reply