Oct 01, 2012, 06:41 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Servo or air Nippaero?
If servo controlled, most radios now have delay built in. No need for sequencer.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
I use this sequencer from HK on my 90mm JTM Viperjet and it works great. Programming is a little tricky at first but once you get it set up properly it works great. I didn't use a sequencer on my Habu32 because I used Tam's old school wire trick to close the nose gear door. If you have a spare channel you can just program a delay for the gear door servo.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11258
Oct 01, 2012, 09:44 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
This one is a little more expensive but it has been used with great success by many pilots that I know:

http://shulmanaviation.com/product_i...5fc7de2851b010

- Birger
Oct 02, 2012, 08:29 AM
Proud RC Addict
Thinking about maybe upgrading retracts when I get a habu.

What is the difference between buying Tam's struts alone:
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=609

and buying the complete kit with retracts:
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=610

The price difference seems to suggest you're getting something more than just struts/retracts with the second option but I can't see clearly what the benefit is.

Do the stock wheels work fine on the upgraded struts?
Oct 02, 2012, 08:34 AM
2024 EDF Jet Jam, June 6-8
The stock wheels work great. and wear very well. I highly recomend the heavy duty steering assembly too.
Oct 02, 2012, 08:53 AM
Suspended Account
the shulman I think it's the Jetlegends sequencer..
ok I don't think. I'm sure
Oct 02, 2012, 09:10 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Yes, Schulman sells the Jetlegend or also called the RCBEE gear door sequencer. I was just providing an option where he could purchase it locally (i.e. in the US).

There are a lot of videos on YouTube that explain how to set it up and it's very flexible.

- Birger
Oct 02, 2012, 09:31 AM
Suspended Account
A friend has it in he pre built JL Hawk.. and it works flawlessly so far.thyat's how I recognised it..... it is indeed a good option..
Oct 02, 2012, 09:33 AM
Suspended Account
a friend is also using this one ..
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11258
but it's currently back ordered.. it also works very good ..
Oct 02, 2012, 09:44 AM
Be sure to buy a fully programmable sequencer. I originally bought one designed for air retracts and it didn't give me the ability to program the amount of servo travel because it was designed to actuate an air valve rather than open and close gear doors. Being able to adjust servo travel on gear doors will be incredibly helpful. The HK sequencer I provided the link to is fully programmable including direction, speed, servo throw, and delays.
Oct 02, 2012, 09:49 AM
Suspended Account
the cheap hobbyking one also feutures end point adjustments.. it's a good choice.. if it was in stock.. but I think this one stocks regurarly.. .
Oct 02, 2012, 10:10 AM
Proud RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
The stock wheels work great. and wear very well. I highly recomend the heavy duty steering assembly too.
Is the heavy duty steering something that comes with the more expensive setup or is that an additional item you were referring too?
Oct 02, 2012, 10:14 AM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Mulicheng. The first item is the struts only. The second is for the whole 15-25 retract with upgraded trunion AND the struts..
Does that help?
Essentially, the second one is for people who don't already have the 15-25 Eflite retracts....Or don't want to go thru the process
of rebuilding the ones they have. (Took me about an hour to upgrade mine) But some are not comfortable opening up electronic
devices.
No. The second comes with plastic steering assembly that is stock on 15-25 retract.

With the second item, you are paying for: Retract, Strut and for Tam to assemble it for you.
Last edited by Michael Paxton; Oct 02, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Oct 02, 2012, 10:25 AM
Proud RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton View Post
With the second item, you are paying for: Retract, Strut and for Tam to assemble it for you.
And the upgraded Trunion right? Seems like a good deal if you're starting from scratch then.

Edit: Actually those come with just the struts too it looks like... so basically just paying for assembly time then I guess.
Oct 02, 2012, 12:27 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
And the upgraded Trunion right? Seems like a good deal if you're starting from scratch then.

Edit: Actually those come with just the struts too it looks like... so basically just paying for assembly time then I guess.
Assembly, retract and assembly time yes. Same parts with retract added and labor.

Quick Reply