Mar 28, 2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
well you can Doppler that just for fun but that one is an unofficial run Tams was still shaking things out and it was really cold so the speeds were up a little.....Tam was the pilot in that video and was really hungover from the party the night before lol!!!
That's the video I was talking about John..you can hear the Wave Scope electronically going off twice saying 182.5.then 180.5.Thing is I am going to upgrade eventually and I'm just trying to confirm the numbers..I have a Doppler program but cannot do it rite now.Someone will do it..that Habu is moving...especially in the first high speed turn around...man that looked great!!
Last edited by ZACATTACK; Mar 28, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets
"I fly faster than John when I had hangover".
Tam!...,always the worse one ..right?,I thought you were the proud and calm leader of the H 32 speed contest

//Andy.
Mar 29, 2012, 04:48 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
The only excuse left is the weather.

The CG is set at 107 mm from the LE on the fuse. My best packs are only 8s 3300 mah 50c. They are right up against the steering servo for balance. Directly behind the main pack is the 1100 mah LiFe RX pack and the ET Logger on top of that.

My 5000s are only 25 c and the voltage sags too quickly. Ok for a cruise but not a challenge.
Good luck to all fellow entrants. j
Mar 29, 2012, 07:39 AM
My excuse has been that for some reason it has been taking almost 2 months just to get 1 wing bolt that I was missing. Had to order online and for some reason this bolt has been the hardest thing to get... :/ Hopefully it will be here this weekend.
Mar 29, 2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz
The only excuse left is the weather.

The CG is set at 107 mm from the LE on the fuse. My best packs are only 8s 3300 mah 50c. They are right up against the steering servo for balance. Directly behind the main pack is the 1100 mah LiFe RX pack and the ET Logger on top of that.

My 5000s are only 25 c and the voltage sags too quickly. Ok for a cruise but not a challenge.
Good luck to all fellow entrants. j
I hope it goes well. I have seen a lot of people in here having the CG at 115 mm.
Mar 29, 2012, 10:19 AM
Does any air pass through the ESC? Where is the best place to mount it in order to get maximum cooling? I noticed there is a gap between the intake ducts...
I will use the stock motor and fan with an 80A ESC (YGE, in this case), but the ESC manufacturer stated it should have a good cooling. Also refered if I wanted to use the internal BEC, I should use a buffer pack (4x Enellop 800mAh) only for safety.
Mar 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
The ESC gets good air if you stick it on the side of the intake right in front of the intake "gap." Also, I would go with an external BEC like a Castle Pro. The BEC will not get warm, so I stuck it under the battery tray.
Mar 29, 2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge
The ESC gets good air if you stick it on the side of the intake right in front of the intake "gap." Also, I would go with an external BEC like a Castle Pro. The BEC will not get warm, so I stuck it under the battery tray.
But a buffer pack gives safety as it's a redudant system. Most BECs don't seem to allow a buffer pack as it will damage the BEC.
I'm really considering one connected to the battery port of the receiver with a switch and a led to catch my attention if it's connected or not.
Mar 29, 2012, 06:29 PM
Got Brushless?
A castle pro bec is way, way, overkill but a lot of guys have them. 20 amps guys? On a small edf? hehe

I am using the castle 10 amp on a couple planes including the Habu 32. Even a 10 amp reg is quite overkill. It's about the size of a piece of gum. Programmable. Cheap. Light. Small.

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-70...10A-BEC/Detail
Mar 29, 2012, 09:31 PM
+1 for rcdude
Mar 29, 2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedclutch
A castle pro bec is way, way, overkill but a lot of guys have them. 20 amps guys? On a small edf? hehe

I am using the castle 10 amp on a couple planes including the Habu 32. Even a 10 amp reg is quite overkill. It's about the size of a piece of gum. Programmable. Cheap. Light. Small.

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-70...10A-BEC/Detail
I gotta disagree..us guys on 8S and above are recommended by CC to use the Pro model ... the little blue one is only rated to 6S..I dont listen to the wife but I listen to Castle Creations!!
Mar 29, 2012, 11:02 PM
CC Pro BEC is the way to go.
Just for another $15 how much reliable you get.
Mar 29, 2012, 11:11 PM
Keith Thomas
I know the Castle BEC Pro is suppose to be good to 10s but somewhere I remember something about them only being safe to use with less cells. Am I right or did I dream this up Tam?
Mar 29, 2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithtsr
I know the Castle BEC Pro is suppose to be good to 10s but somewhere I remember something about them only being safe to use with less cells. Am I right or did I dream this up Tam?
Is good for 12s and been running in my hot rod over 50 flights now.
Mar 29, 2012, 11:45 PM
Keith Thomas
That's good to know. Castle recommends only 10s for airplanes but it is good to know that It will take 12s.

I got to stop dreaming so much. You know the Hobby getting to you when you start dreaming about this stuff.....I miss my old dreams they were so much more fun.

Quick Reply