Eflite Fiberglass EDF HABU Thread - Page 506 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 04, 2012, 12:10 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
Crow add more stable to your landing and come in much slower speed without stalling.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2012, 12:15 PM
Registered User
smaze17's Avatar
Hi Jeremy. I have 5085's all the way around and I use a Life pack with no problems whatsoever.

S


Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandle
Hi Guys, I am thinking of using a 2 cell LiFePO4. Hyperion make a nice little 850mah one which weighs less than 50g.

Has anybody used Hitec HS-5085MG Digital servos which are rated to 6V when a fully charged LiFePO4 battery is 6.6V ? I would hate to to wreck them all when the plane is so close to finished !!

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jan 04, 2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
STEVEAIR2's Avatar
Hi guys
My Habu is finished bar a final few tweaks.
Could you have a look at this video and tell me if I am missing anything. Thanks to all who posted there hints and tips along the way It really helped.
Cheers
Steve.
PS rudder servo is a JR 368 not 328 as stated.

Right then
How do you upload a video??
I have tried compressing the file and up loading but still no Joy.
steve
Last edited by STEVEAIR2; Jan 04, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
Jan 04, 2012, 01:25 PM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17
Hi Jeremy. I have 5085's all the way around and I use a Life pack with no problems whatsoever.

S
hey Spencer did you get another one?
because Jason and I are flying yours that you sold to him. still haven't seen 140mph with it
by the way Jason is very happy with his purchase, that was a sweet deal you gave him. its too fast for him at 130mph LOL!
Jan 04, 2012, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEAIR2
How do you upload a video??
I have tried compressing the file and up loading but still no Joy.
steve
I just upload them to youtube and then post a link here.

scott.
Jan 04, 2012, 01:33 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
hey Spencer did you get another one?
because Jason and I are flying yours that you sold to him. still haven't seen 140mph with it
by the way Jason is very happy with his purchase, that was a sweet deal you gave him. its too fast for him at 130mph LOL!
That is smoking deal Habu Jason got.
Even 130 mph is too fast for Jason. He don't need 140mph. LOL
Jan 04, 2012, 03:28 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Looks like the fairing from a Fun Jet. I think I have a few of those around. Thanks for the idea!

We are going to need pictures, specs and video when you get it done. How long are we talking?

Mike,
The fairing is from www.parkflyerplastics.com

Here's some info on the 80mm ALL ALLOY. We're hoping to see the best mix of high power and sound. We're starting off with the HET motors, but 39mm MEGA's and Neu's are also an option.
The first batch will be here hopfully next week.

This was the 12s test. There will be other options for 8, 9 and 10s.

SPECS:

Size class: 80mm
Housing O.D.: 83mm
No. of blades: 9
No. of stators: 5
6 motor cooling vanes
Material: 100% 6061-T-6, CNC machined (no castings)
Weight: 150g


COMPONENTS USED:

Motor:.....HET 700-68-1500Kv
ESC:.......Mega Power 120A OPTO
Lipos:..12s 2600mAh (4s x 3)



PERFORMANCE:

Thrust:....4.2Kg....9.26 lb (settled)
Amps:.....90
Watts:....3249

Mach All Alloy 80mm 12s 2600 mAh.mpg (0 min 37 sec)
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Jan 04, 2012, 04:00 PM
Mile High EDF
420flyboy's Avatar
Just got back from flying on the jetfan 80mm and arc 2080kv , this setup is amazing, better power, sound is incredible.

3rd flight caught on fire ,esc melted, had to come in hot , but saved it , posting video now.
Jan 04, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mile High EDF
420flyboy's Avatar
some pics from today

Habu 32 Denver (3 min 30 sec)

Habu 32 fire (1 min 22 sec)
Last edited by 420flyboy; Jan 04, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
Jan 04, 2012, 05:52 PM
Shut up and fly
papabatman's Avatar
wow cool site where is that place can i fly there too
Jan 04, 2012, 05:54 PM
Registered User
smaze17's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
hey Spencer did you get another one?
because Jason and I are flying yours that you sold to him. still haven't seen 140mph with it
by the way Jason is very happy with his purchase, that was a sweet deal you gave him. its too fast for him at 130mph LOL!
Glad to hear it. I am getting the HK Hawk and the new e-flite Phantom. I also have a 70mm Sapac Viper on 6S so I had to thin the fleet a little.

Glad he is enjoying it. When Gary and I radared the plane I got 128, 132, 135 & 139 or something close to that.

Peace

S
Jan 04, 2012, 05:56 PM
Registered User
smaze17's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC
Mike,
The fairing is from www.parkflyerplastics.com

Here's some info on the 80mm ALL ALLOY. We're hoping to see the best mix of high power and sound. We're starting off with the HET motors, but 39mm MEGA's and Neu's are also an option.
The first batch will be here hopfully next week.

This was the 12s test. There will be other options for 8, 9 and 10s.

SPECS:

Size class: 80mm
Housing O.D.: 83mm
No. of blades: 9
No. of stators: 5
6 motor cooling vanes
Material: 100% 6061-T-6, CNC machined (no castings)
Weight: 150g


COMPONENTS USED:

Motor:.....HET 700-68-1500Kv
ESC:.......Mega Power 120A OPTO
Lipos:..12s 2600mAh (4s x 3)



PERFORMANCE:

Thrust:....4.2Kg....9.26 lb (settled)
Amps:.....90
Watts:....3249

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFFlWUdaeMg
Damn dude - that is sweet!!! Gonna be sick in my e-flite Phantom

S
Jan 04, 2012, 06:00 PM
Mile High EDF
420flyboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman
wow cool site where is that place can i fly there too
56th and Havana
Jan 04, 2012, 06:47 PM
Registered User
evo101's Avatar
what would the flight time be like running 12s 2650? at 90amps VS say the 6s 5000 mah set ups?
Jan 04, 2012, 06:57 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
bdelapen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420flyboy
Just got back from flying on the jetfan 80mm and arc 2080kv , this setup is amazing, better power, sound is incredible.

3rd flight caught on fire ,esc melted, had to come in hot , but saved it , posting video now.
What a shame , glad you were able to bring it down in one piece .

If you don't mind me asking, was it just the ESC that went? Did the motor go too? What ESC was it? What batteries were you running?

Thanks!

Regards,

- Birger


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fiberglass Habu Airframe Calvin_220 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 92 Nov 10, 2012 03:53 AM
Sold New in box Habu EDF PNP flyboy1945 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Aug 01, 2010 09:24 PM
Discussion ESC very HOT - Sorry the discussion is moved to the Habu thread SalamSyed Foamy EDFs 0 Mar 21, 2010 12:15 AM
New Product New Fiberglass EDF Jets!!! Starfire + EDF Trainer nitroplanes Nitro Planes 0 Jan 24, 2009 10:58 AM
Discussion Baja SS Speculation and hopup thread. DaveESPI Large Scale Cars 3 Feb 03, 2008 08:39 PM